Jason XVIII

C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N

CHANDLER PLAZA HOTEL WAS THE TOP MARKETING HOTEL OWNED BY THE TANAKA FAMILY; YOURS TRULY, DREW TANAKA. 

Drew Tanaka's father had managed to construct a plaza in one of the busiest centers in LA. It was a good idea in his part as long as he could afford to pay the price. Since Drew was raised in a deathly family, she would one day own the Chandler Plaza Hotel and not worry if she would not make a pay's day.

He gaped at the elevated construction building and then did it struck him what he was getting himself into. Jason felt so out of place in an elegant accommodation like this.  His hands clutched to the door handle connected to the door, wondering if it were a good idea to come. 

There were people coming in and out of the building, all dressed in their best garments. Jason wondered how the school council could make prom any better than this. There was a lot of expectations to beat after seeing this. He spotted limousines parking their cars in the front entrance as a quality of teenagers came out of them. Jason squinted his eyes as the head lights of the cars beamed in his direction. He couldn't help but notice that a few people had brought their suitcases with them which meant that some people were going to stay in the hotel after the party ended. Of course, if the party would ever end.

Jupiter let out what sounds like a snort,"Parties changed a lot since back in my day. Whoever my friends invited me to a party, it was usually located in someone's basement cooped up with all their parent's vodka."

"That's funny," Jason murmured. "Never thought you had friends."

He turned his head to the man in front of the car,in control of the wheel.

"Well, I guess this is it," Jason cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. "After I'm done with, I'll take a Taxi back home. You won't need to worry about picking me up."

"I can't let you do that. It's not safe. Remember what I told you?" Mr. Grace's body tensed. "They'll try to kill you!"

"When did you ever worry about my safety?" Jason asked him,seriously. "After all for his and you except me to believe you. What if this is all a fluke and you made this all up so I'll let you in my house? You know, I'm not surprised you got someone ticked off enough to make them want to kill you."

"You told me to take care of you for your mother and sister's sake and I'm gonna do that even if it means I have to force you into my car." Jupiter answered. "I know I haven't been the best dad but give me a chance."

"I'm sorry," Jason said,mockingly. "When was the last time you wanted to be my father?"

"The minute I left, I knew what I did was a big mistake," Jupier's voice quieted down. "Leaving you with your mother, I knew what I was getting you two into but I left anyways because I was scared-"

Jason crossed his arms.

"-Scared of being a father."

He gripped the door handler and opened the door.

"Yeah,well it's too late for that." Jason said,hastily.

"Jason!" He shouted,widening his eyes. "get back in here!"

Jason shook his head, "Now is not the time to fight with me!" He shouted and slammed the door closed behind him as a few people jumped in shock.

His eyes flickered around the region as a few people gave him edgy glances. There was a middle aged man with charcoal hair covered in an old beanie and he was staring,intensively at his direction. Jason shook his head. What was it with him attracting strange people?