Jason VII

A/N - This chapter has been edited and the others before it. 

C H A P T E R  S E V E N

Society made it seem like it was a drastic move for a lady to walk alone by herself in the road. He didn't blame them for the fear tucked against the collar of her shirt made his neck sweat with the fear or was it just that it was tightened to firmly around his neck. Whatever the reason, Jason's body felt tense all over.

Who knows who would be lurking down at the shadows to smash your purse or ready to pound on you like fresh meat?The air was scented with urine and cigars. Gleaming lights only showed on street lamps and local stores.

He was glad his sister was next to him. Thalia. Her jet black hair tucked behind her pierced ear. She wore a leather jacket and an Arctic Monkey's Tee. Jason was an inch taller but it didn't faze the fact that Thalia was stronger. Many people said they looked nothing alike each other, but as they both got older, their similarities became to stand out more than their differences.

Jason never knew a moment in his life where he did not look up to her with a mixture of pride and warmth as if she were his mother. Well, she acted more like a mother than his real mother did. Anyone acted more like a mother than her.

He never felt like his mother's son or his father's son. His father never gave him a second look when he was a baby and he definitely didn't want to talk to him now. When he was younger before his father had left them, his mother would always say how beautiful his blue eyes where and a blessing they were. After he left, everything he looked at his mother, he could tell that what was left behind was nothing of a blessing but a curse. 

He would be reminded every day of his father every time he gave himself a look at the mirror and wonder what his mother saw in him.

They were walking down to a restaurant in the run down vintage side of the city were everything felt like they were still living in the 70s. The place here felt like it was untouched by time as it still looked the same. It sure didn't smell the same. He wrinkled his nose. His shoes walked down the side of the street, nearer and nearer to the restaurant. 

This was Jason's favorite place to eat at. Not only did he know the man who owned the place, but the food their tasted like heaven. Jason doubted any food he had tasted in his lifetime came near to heaven because they could barely afford much, but the warmth walking into the store gave him a relaxation unlike the street outside of it.

Jason could sense stares over at his direction. A pair of old ladies smoking a patch of cigars on a bench. Their narrowed eyes. He must look odd. His attire and facial features were unusual in their eyes. With his matted, dirty blonde hair and the scar on the bottom of his lips that barely fazed his perfection.

This was the ugly side of their town. Ugly was a weird way to put it. A place many people stayed away from. He had never met anyone at his school that went here nor did he ever think they would. Everyone at his school were enrolled in the highest marking school of the city because of their rich parents who could afford the income. The heaps of money put into the school while the only reason Jason even went, was because of his high grades that enrolled him to this school.

 If it had;'t been for the money paying for all of their things from their father, they'd be penniless and going to the worst public school there is. His shirt that patronized his school felt foreign here in the quiet and dismal street. He could already feel the shiver run down him, cursing himself for not bringing a jacket.

He took a long sip of his milkshake. The drink went down his throat leaving an after taste in his tong. Jason had no idea how hungry he was until he took a big bite of his burger. Thalia ordered the same thing as he had. She took a fist full of french fries and dipped it with honey mustard. Hs next bite was bigger than before as he gnawed the meat with hunger. Jason kept his eyes down on the food, not in the mood to speak until he was famished with his food.