First gym battle for Dean

*Seth's pov*

We went and sat down to watch Dean at the gym. Becky came too. It's been a month now and he's became a great trainer! He has a Houndoom, Mightyena, and Flare evolved! This will be an awesome battle to watch. He's only using his three pokemon he has. Roman has 6, I have 4. I am hoping Dean can beat him; we already did but Dean wanted to train with his pokemon more. I didnt really understand why.. Houndoom was level 19 now, his Mightyena was level 24, and Flare was level 20! He could beat him; why'd he wait? I also noticed he had this strange bracelet on... Well, it's about to start.

*Dean's POV*

I walked out with my three poke balls in my pocket. I smirked and brought out Houndoom first. He roared and slammed his feet down as I smirked. My uncle looked at me and smiled before sending out Salamance. I smirked and looked at Houndoom. 

"Ready buddy?" 

I whispered to him. He got in his fighting position growling.

"Hounda!"

He snarled and I smirked before looking at my uncle.

"We're ready."

I said.

"Alright... Salamence, flamethrower."

He said and Salamence roared before flame throwing.

"Houndoom, dodge and use bite."

I said with no emotion as he quickly dodged and ran at him and bit Salamence right in the neck.

"Now, use dark pulse."

I said and houndoom used dark pulse like I ordered which Salamence was knocked out.

"Good. Return." 

I said and he returned to his pokeball and I smirked looking at my shocked uncle. Seth and Roman were shocked as well. 

"Come on out, Steam Punk."

I said and threw the pokeball up as my mightyena jumped out and growled. He wore steam punk goggles; hint, his name. He stood beside me as my uncle sent out Beedrill. I then pushed a button on the bracelet and next thing my uncle knew; I had a mega mightyena beside me.

"WHOA!"

I heard Roman gasp. Steam roared and stood beside me as I laughed a bit. 

"Holly crap!"

Seth gasped.

My uncle was in shock as he looked at my mega Mightyena. I smirked.

"Steam, use ice fang."

I said and he ran at the beedrill and before it could dodge he bit it with ice fang and froze it. 

"Now, shadow ball."

I said as he put his head back growling as a shadow ball appeared then he threw it onto the beedrill which unfroze him and left him weak. My uncle tried to fight back but my practice paid off.

"Beedrill use drill!"

He said.

"Dodge and use thunder fang."

I said and he dodged then electricity crackled around his teeth as he then bit the beedrill and it passed out.

"Good boy. Return."

I said and he returned to his poke ball. I then sent out Flare and my uncle sent out Braviary. Braviary used fly which hit him but Flare came back with a flame thrower. I smirked and watched my uncle carefully to watch his moves. He told Braviary a command and he went for fly again and hit Flare again but this time made him faint. I was surprised as he smirked.

"You did good Flare. Return."

I said as he returned then I sent out Steam Punk again; who was still his mega. 

"Okay, your foe is weak, use ice fang!"

I said as he ran at Braviary and used ice fang on him making him faint. I smirked as he returned to my side and growled.

"You got one more."

I smirked as he sent out tallonflame. I commanded him to use shadowball which tallonflame dodged and used ember on him but it didnt do much damage as he came back and used thunder fang like I commanded. I then had him try Shadow Ball again and we won. Seth ran up to me and hugged me which I hugged him back and smiled a bit.

"You did great!"

He said and I smiled.

"Thanks."

I said and my uncle gave me the badge and I smiled and nodded to him before putting the badge in my book bag I carried. 

"Okay Steam."

I said as he turned back to his regular self and I returned him to the poke ball. Seth kissed my cheek before we walked out. We were gonna stay here one more day then go to our next town. River Wood. I was happy as long as I was with Seth. And we all now had one badge! I'm happy for us. The Shield; we called ourselves. We got to my uncle's house as I went to my room and set my bag down then I let Flare, Techno, and Steam Punk out. I always did before I went to bed. Seth got dressed into his pj's then came and joined me in bed. Steam Punk and Techno were cuddled together while Flare lay in the chair. I smiled and cuddled up with Seth as he cuddled into my chest. I held him in my arms and smiled. 

I... Love this man.