Chapter 15

• Dedicated to All of my Fans:)

Hermione’s POV

 I stared at the shut janitor’s closet incredulously. What the bloody hell was that? I shook my head in bewilderment and crossed over to the door; I opened rather furiously and saw an opened mouth Ginny who was with Harry. He stared curiously with his black wired glasses; his emerald green eyes shone brightly as he stared at me telling me he was having fun with Ginny and did not want me to interfere.

“Hey Herm, what are you doing?” She asked.

“Yes Hermione, what are you doing?” Harry said glaring over Ginny’s head.

“Oh Uhm on my way to the library! Go to do a report for Snape” I lied cheerfully.

“But we don’t have a report from Snape…Do we?” She asked thinking hard.

 Harry gave me a pleaded look.

“F-for me, yeah, because…I’m smart” I replied skillfully.

“Oh yeah!” She said smiling.

“Wow, such a ditz” I laughed uneasily.

“Shut it Herm, let’s go Gin” Harry smiled goofily at me while Ginny stared adoringly in his eyes.

For some reason that hurt, the way she looked at him. The same way I used to look at Ron. His gorgeous red hair flopped in his eyes, the little hairs that peek from his skin. The way his smile (used to) make my heart flutter. I sighed as they snuggled up together to go outside.

 I took long strides to the library, clutching my book bag tightly to my side; I was almost there when I caught the smell of cheap perfume that smelt like a baby prostitute. I groaned and tried to go more quickly but was stopped by an evil witch.

Literally

“Hermione, hey Hermione!” said a high pitched Barbie voice.

I stopped and put on a fake smile, “Morning Lavender”

“How’s Ron? Oh wait,” She smirked, expanding her cheaply laid on lipstick and a tooth that seemed to have a huge green thing in it, “I already know”

“Whoa stalkers are not permitted here Lavender” I said with gritted teeth.

“Well if having sex with him last night is stalkerish, then I’m one hell of a stalker.” She quaked.

“Furnunculus” I whispered.

Instantly, she started to get boils. Her eyes widened as she noticed her red swelled hands oozing green liquid. She screamed at me but her tongue started to swell. Professor Snape was running towards us so I turned for the library. I barely got inside in time. I breathed in a sigh of relief and went to the back of the library. As I opened my Potions book, a girl with light blonde hair, childlike blue eyes, narrow waist and wrists, slim figure, and a magazine in her hands.

“Hey Luna” I whispered staring at her.

“Oh,” She looked above her magazine smiling slightly, “Hullo Hermione”

I watched as she walked on daintily, her hair swishing slightly. Her uniform looked too big on her small frame. I shook my head and turned around only to meet Ron’s eyes who looked at me determined and slightly nervous. I know Ron pretty well.

“Hermio—“he began

“No, save it” I said getting up.

“No Hermione, it’s important!” He pleaded grabbing my arm.

I sat back down staring at him curiously, “5 minutes”

He took a deep breath, “First off, I’m sorry. I never meant to do that to you. But it’s because of this”

He showed me a ring; I examined the light gray gem on a golden band that seemed to glow. I felt old dark magic in it. I edged away from it feeling my stomach flipping at the sight.

“What is it?” I asked looking at him.

“I don’t know I found it on my bed 6 months ago” He said, his cheeks turned a slightly pink.

“So this is to blame for slapping me?” I said incredulously.

“Hermione,” He said carefully looking me in the eyes, “This is a Horcrux”

I stopped breathing, staring at the ring with a new masked horror, “W-what?”

“It’s true”

“How do you know?” I asked shakily.

 He stared at me.

“Oh well, why didn’t you give it to Dumbledore?” I demanded.

He looked away, “I don’t know, I needed proof for your forgiveness”

“This ring didn’t make you have sex with Lavender Ronald” I said harshly.

He fiddled with his coat, “You’re right, that was me.”

“Exactly”

He went on, “I can’t believe I did that to you, you deserve so much more than me, I felt insecure and things turned out wrong”

 “Yes it did Ron, “I got up tears in my eyes, “I don’t know R-Ron”

“Hermione…” He pleaded.

“Go give that to Professor Dumbledore now.” I said and walked out.

--

What do you think? P: