1.2

You still had a ray of common sense, so you met up with Luke in front of the cafe later that day instead of generously sharing your home address - as you did with your phone number. Earlier, you exchanged a few texts where he would pick you up because your date can't. You've got to draw a line somewhere, after all.
    You were waiting on the curb, checking the time on your phone every 30 seconds. Just as you rolled your eyes, Luke pulled up with his car. You coughed quietly, then opened the car door.
    "Hi, I guess", you acknowledged him as you were putting on the seat belt. He nodded, not even bothering to reply. He must've been feeling like Ashton's personal chauffeur, or at least he appeared like he didn't want to be doing this. You weren't having a blast either. You elbowed the door and leaned your head into your palm, watching the road straight ahead. You settled for the deathlike silence that was to follow.

    After a solid, unpleasant 18-minute drive, you finally arrived. "So, this is it", Luke said parking in front of Ashton's home.
   "Thanks", you say closing the car door after you when you got out. He nodded again and drove off. He was very untalkative and you took a deep breath of relief once he was gone, walking up to Ashton's front door.

   You rang the bell and heard the familiar sound of a cane kicking around. The clattering of the keys unlocking sent a shiver down your spine for no apparent reason.

   "Hello, beautiful", Ashton's face lit up in front of you which was kind of magical. You chuckled, giving him a tight hug.
   "Too soon?", you ask, but you feel him shaking his head in the crook of your neck. "Thanks for having me over", you added, letting go of him.

   "Thank you for showing up, come on in", his happy voice buzzed.

   You get inside and close the door behind you. He led you to the dining room where a candlelit dinner awaited.
   "Did you do all this by yourself?", you gasp, instantly covering your mouth. He laughed, "I've had a bit of help just in case of... you know...  fire." You let out a loud snort, but then felt your eyes water at his heartwarming act. "Amazing", you whispered to yourself. You shook your head snapping out of your thoughts, then clapped your hands.
    "Let's switch the roles 'round here", you decided to be funny and pulled out a chair. You grabbed Ashton by his forearm and led him to his seat. He giggled, and luckily for you he had a sense of humour.
    "Thank you, m'lady", he said through a big smile as you took over the chair close to him.

    You spent the evening talking your bums off and laughing a lot. His personality had you awestruck. At the end of the night, he walked you to the front door, "Should I call Luke to drop you off?"
    You shake your head, "It's fine, I know my way back now."
    A silent moment envelops the air around you. "I've had a lovely time tonight", you finally admit. His lips draw a smile, revealing the adorable dimples.
    "Y/n... Will I see more of you?", he giggles at the badly worded question, "Well you know what I mean."
    You crack a smile, "Yeah, you will. Try tomorrow morning at that café." You give him quick peck on the dimpled cheek before going home, "Good night, Ashton."

   He didn't hesitate adding, "Good night, gorgeous."