1.5

All day long you've been thinking about him and were delightfully surprised that for once you didn't make a terrible choice when it comes to guys. Actually, this one was more of a risk than a usual pick and you loved it. But, what you loved more than anything was the how he fulfilled your heart with warmth and your stomach with butterflies, all with a single smile - and he smiled a lot.

    In the evening, you went flying on your back straight into the bed; feeling as if you were floating on a hundred clouds. Not that you changed anything - your bed was still the same as you've left it this morning. Although, having such a good day could turn a treehouse into a castle. You felt the fabrics gently brush against your skin as you slowly sunk in. You were gazing at the ceiling and found yourself beaming. You were gradually turning scarlet again, so you swiftly covered your eyes with your delicate palms as if no one could see you that way. You rolled on your side in the blink of an eye, still bouncing lightly as a result. You pulled your knees to your chest and dug an arm beneath the pillow. With eyes squeezed shut, you wish for another day like that. The muscles on your face relaxed and you breath slowed, almost drifting away to sleep.

    Your peacefulness was cut short with your phone buzzing. Thankfully, it was put on vibrate - a ringtone would've probably given you a mini heart attack at this point.

    "Hello?", you frowned.

    "Hello, hello? Oh, hi there, it's me!", a familiar voice announced proudly.

    "Ashton?", you confusedly but happily asked.'What on earth... I really should add a name to the number', you thought to yourself.

    "Yes, hi, sorry, I'm calling from Luke's phone", he shortly explained before continuing, "I realised that we didn't make any plans." He stalled for a bit, then hopefully said "I hope that didn't mean we won't see each other anymore."

    "Ash!", you exclaimed - almost offended, "While we're at it, how does next week sound?"

    "It sounds far but fair", he said, "I'm really glad I got to hear you now."

    "Me too", you whispered and a brief silence followed.
    "Did you arrive well earlier?", you asked.

    "I did, yeah", he commented, "I wish it weren't that soon, but what can you do."

    "True...", you added, "Anywho, what are you up to?"

    "Not much really", he spoke, "We're just hanging out here and I thought I'd give you a ring."

    "That's kinda cute, not gonna lie", you chuckled.

    "Well, you know me", he laughed with false confidence and you could sense it from a mile in his high-strung voice.

    In the background you could hear faintly the rest of the boys mumbling, but couldn't quite make up what they had been saying. That was until Michael decided to teasingly shout 'Aw, are you in love?' on purpose. You could hear Ashton's hand muffling the sound, although not good enough as a 'Shut up' followed right after. You couldn't help but laugh and you immediately tried to cover it up.

    "I'm terribly sorry if you heard anything", he apologised.

    "I don't know what you're talking about", you pretended for his sake.

    He giggled, relieved, "Good choice." He then awkwardly admitted, "I'm afraid I've got to go. Luke here has been tugging at me for a bit now."

    You found it funny how he emphasised Luke, but understood where he was coming from, "That's fine, I'll see you soon anyway."

    "Yeah", he wasn't too happy about ending the cozy small talk, "Have a good night, y/n. Once again, it was real nice to hear from you."

    "You too, Ashton", you smiled a little and said your goodnights.

   When you two finally hung up, you grabbed a pillow, putting in on top of your chest as you hugged it tightly. "Ahhh", you sighed, then felt embarrassed for a moment realising that you feel like a 13 year old with her first big crush.