2.3

"What are you grinning about like a fool?", Calum asked next day when they were over at Ashton's. You left early in the morning.

     "I don't know", Ashton jokingly responded.

     "I don't know either man, one would think you did the nasty."
     "Oh my God", Michael's jaw dropped to the floor as if he just witnessed a murder, "you lost your halo, didn't you?" 

     He laughed heartily, "How'd you know?" 

     Michael grabbed his colored hair in his hands and disbelief, "Because I had the same dumb look on my face all day when it happened to me!" The boys proudly smiled at Ashton and he curiously looked around, "What are you guys doing, it's too quiet." Michael was still trying to comprehend what actually happened and how it happened, not letting go of his fluffy hair.

     Luke placed his hand on Ashton's shoulder, "We're sorry that we questioned her."

     Ash sighed carelessly, "I don't blame you after what happened last time." 

     They all force half smiles on their faces before changing the topic. "Fifa?", Calum asked shrugging. "What's the point if I can't play with you?", Ashton mocked. "Fuck it, you can always listen to us having havd fun", he returned the favour. 

      "Stop being a dick", Michael jumped in.

     "Hey don't swear", Ashton turning his head towards all the voices.  

     Luke slid on his knees like a superstar on the polished wooden floor towards the TV. He started setting up the PlayStation they have brought over and the game box was clicking open as Calum prepared the disc. He pushed his finger through it and was spinning it around his thin finger as he waited. Michael was scratching his head, clearly not ready to let go of the earlier topic yet, "But, how?" He realised he wasn't specific enough so he added, "Ash? I need details, man."

    Ashton was dragging his finger slowly along his jawling, considering whether he should say anything or not. "Do you really, though? Are details vital, are you going to drop on the floor if you don't hear them?", he chose to be sarcastic. Michael's head dropped forward with a raised eyebrow, "Seriously?"

     Ashton giggled, "Just happened, you know how it goes." Michael wasn't pleased with the answer he got, but he knew that is the best he would get.

     "All set up", Luke finally announced and Calum passed him the disc.

     Michael quickly grabbed a controller like his life depended on it and smirked, "Now, you're my bitches."

     "Michael!", the rest yelled in unison. He brushed it off, rocking back and forth as he waited impatiently for the game to load. The number of controllers had Luke sitting on the floor in front of the couch like a third wheel. For the game, at least. He noticed that Ashton was squirming a lot, but as he couldn't see him, he stared for a while hoping he'd decifer. With brief glances Michael noticed and nudged Luke with his knee to stop staring as if it made any difference. Luke rubbed his shoulder for a second then spoke up. 

    "Anything on your mind, Ash?", he asked.

    "Nothing in particular, just a tad bored", Ashton said through a smile facing the ceiling.

    "Oh", Luke sighed almost disappointed with the answer.

    "Don't worry, one day you'll get robot eyes", Michael added as he kept shoving Calum to distract him from the game. Calum gladly returned the favour. 

    "Thanks Mikey", Ashton said. After a short pause, he added, "Actually..." Luke lifted up his face and he continued, "There kinda is something."

    "How important is it?", Calum asked, eyes glued to the TV screen.

    "Never mind", he muttered, "Keep playing." He got up so carefully and quietly one would think he wasn't even there in the first place. At least he thought he was invisible. Luke followed his steps into the hallway and mumbled, "Why'd you get up?"

    "I'll let you guys play", he chuckled.

    "Come on", Luke persuaded until he gave in. 

    "Okay, I really want to do something special for Y/N, but there's not much I can do. Or that could impress her", he sighed. 

     "Why not", Luke mumbled.

     Ashton tilted his head, "Bro". 

    "Oh", he stopped, "Right... Well, didn't you use to play guitar?" 

   Ashton frowned, "So? Where are you going with this?"

   "You know", Luke mumbled, "I could lead you until you remember. That's kinda romantic. She'd dig it, right?"

    Ashton shrugged, uncertain with this idea, "I don't know. I gueeess." 

   Luke clapped his hands together, rubbing them, "Well then, shall we?"