Chapter Twelve

Marcus James Reynolds

"Joseph! Where is Benson!? It is been two hours now!? Marc yelled across the intercom

"Sir I have informed Mr. Whitmore. He will be here shor..." The intercom was cut before Joseph could complete his sentence.

Intercom buzzed again.

"What do you want?" Marc growled.

"Sir, Mr. Whitmore is here" Joseph replied calmly.

"Send him in" Marc replied

"Well hello there Marc. Why in such a sour mood today?" Benson chuckled

"Sit down Ben" Marc sighed

Ben sat across from Marc and raised his eyebrows at Marc's expression

"I need your help" Marc said

"That's always the reason I am here" Ben replied

Benson Whitmore is a private detective and has been associated with Reynolds Inc. for a while now.

"I need information on a business associate. Everything right up from her personal life to her social life. Every single detail from her birth right up to the day you submit me the file"

"Her..." Ben said with a smirk

"Shut up and listen will you? Her name is Rabia Malhotra. She is the CEO of New Hope Designers. I want her entire file within 2 days. Two days max Ben."Marc said

"Are you sure she is just a business associate?" Ben asked

"Get out Benson. See you in two days." Marc said and turned his attention towards his laptop.

Benson laughed out loud at his friend's behavior and left to start the task.

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia was waiting outside Jayson's school to pick him up. She felt emotionally exhausted from the past 2 days ever since her failed meeting with Marc.

He did not even re-schedule the meeting with her PA.

She had so much going in her head. She was not even able to focus on her work. She had a major project coming up and also the launch of her new line yet she hadn't been able to devote even a proper hour to her work. Whenever she tried, she ended up thinking of Marcus.

The thing that scared her most was when time came and Jayson was old enough he would surely question her about his father. Even she was not able to forget him. Especially now that he was back into their lives, she just could not get him out her system. However she was relieved that she at least she knew the name of Jay's father.

Last year when Jayson had started his junior kindergarten, kids in his class would talk about their fathers and Jayson had asked her what is father?

When Rabia had explained to her he had asked where his daddy was.

Rabia had told him that his daddy was gone on a work trip to a far away country. Soon Jayson had stopped asking her and since then no such question regarding his father had come up in their household.

Suddenly the bell indicated that school time was over buzzed across the school grounds and kids started coming out.

Rabia got out looking for Jayson and she noticed him walking towards with his head hung down and shoulders slouched forward.

Rabia ran towards her son and gathered him in her arms.

"Jayson what is wrong pumpkin?" Rabia asked her son as she inspected his face and arms for any injury.

Jayson did not reply to Rabia and hugged his mother.

"Momma, when will daddy come back?" Jayson suddenly asked

Rabia's heartbeat faltered.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Rabia asked.

"Our teacher gave us sheets and asked to paste our family pictures. We don't have pictures with daddy. Call him back Momma and ask daddy to take pictures with us" Jayson said.

"I will talk to daddy tonight okay?" Rabia said to her son
"Really?! Can I also talk?" Jayson's face immediately brightened.

"We will see okay? Now let us get home. Momma will cook your favorite pasta for you today!" Rabia said.

"And can I also have choco chip ice cream after lunch?" Jayson asked

"Of course baby" Rabia said with a smile, somewhat relived that Jayson's attention had altered from the topic.

"But for how long?" she thought to herself.

"And can I also have choco chip ice cream after dinner?" Jayson asked hopefully

Rabia chuckled and shook her head.

"Ofcourse you can pumpkin" She smiled at her son through the rearview mirror.