Chapter Twenty-Five

I said Monday but my brain decided to cooperate...so here it is.
please vote and comment!

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia settled in her hotel room. Jayson was napping. He didn't really like flying.

She was supposed to be here in the morning and head over to the boutique for last minute reviews but she woke up with a severe headache in the morning. She had called up Natalie and Natalie had told her to come in late as she had everything covered. However Rabia had not told Natalie anything about what had happened last night with Marc. She had not told anyone.

Now only two hours were left till the function. Rabia headed to the washroom to take a quick shower.

It was 5.00 p.m., an hour before the function and Rabia was dressed in a green dress and Jayson was wearing his cute black tux with a bow tie matching his mother's dress.

They got into the car and headed to the boutique.

The moment Rabia stepped out of the car she was hoarded with paparazzi. Cameras were flashing at miles per second.

Rabia hated such attention. She had always managed to keep a low profile and keep Jayson completely out of this but she knew that with such an event and the high profile people she had invited, this all attention was inevitable. However she had her driver take Jayson in from the back gate. The party was held on the terrace of the boutique and the main area where the display was set up was closed till after Rabia's speech, after which it would be opened up for everyone.

Rabia smiled and answered a few questions and then was ushered in.

Marcus James Reynolds

Marc reached the function at 6.30 p.m. He looked out of the window and saw hoards of paparazzi outside. Marc was already exhausted. He had a sleepless night and the travel hadn't really improved his mood.

He prepared himself mentally and stepped out smiling.

He posed for a few pictures and then his bodyguard quickly escorted him in.

Marc reached the terrace and saw that it was filled with people. Within a second Marc was surrounded by businessmen and conversation headed to Wall Street.

However Marc was least interested in the ongoing conversation. His eyes were searching for Rabia. He wanted to talk to her as soon as possible and have everything sorted out. He couldn't wait.

Suddenly he spotted her laughing with a group of women standing near the railing. Marcus was stunned. She looked so elegant and beautiful in a green backless dress. She was breathtaking and Marc noticed men around her appreciating her beauty. Marc felt like knocking them dead for staring at her. Rabia turned from the group of women and in front of her stood a little boy. Marc stared at the little boy and the flute of champagne slipped from his hand and fell on the floor.

"I am sorry gentlemen. Please excuse me." Marc said.

He stepped aside and moved closer to the little boy. Rabia was still talking to the women and he was holding onto her hand.

A woman came and tapped Rabia on the shoulder and then took the little boy and started walking away.

Marc looked at Rabia one last time and started following that woman. She was taking the little boy towards the rest room. Marc ran and caught up with the lady.

"Excuse me!" Marc yelled and the lady turned around.

Marc stopped in front of her and bent on his knees to come to eye level with the little boy.

"Hey there buddy" Marc said to the little boy.

The boy stared at him with piercing green eyes. Marc could not believe he was looking at his son.

He looked just like Marc when Marc was young. Marc was now sure that this little boy was his son, not that Marc had any doubt before seeing him. A feeling of warmth and pure love flooded through Marc. He wanted to pick up his son and embrace his son but Marc controlled as he did not want to scare the lady and his son.

"What is your name?" Marc asked.

"Jayson." Jay replied

"That is a very nice name." Marc smiled at Jay.

His son looked adorable in a black tux.

"Excuse me sir but Jay has to use to the restroom" the lady politely smiled at him and excused herself and Jay. They walked away and Jay turned around to look at him. Marc smiled and waved. He could not wait to introduce himself to his son.

Marc turned around and almost walked into Rabia.

She stood there glaring at him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Mr. Reynolds?" She seethed at him

Rabia's dress for the evening in the picture.