Chapter Twenty-One

Rabia Malhotra

"Momma, no I don't want pasta for lunch" Jayson said pouting at his mother.

Rabia turned to face her son with her hands on her hip.

"And why is that?" Rabia asked

Rabia had not gone to the office today. She had finished up her speech in the morning and everything else related with her launch tomorrow. She didn't want to leave anything for the last minute as she had a meeting over dinner with Marcus and she was going to tell him about their son. She knew no matter what would be the outcome, it would be emotionally draining for her. She would also have to explain to Jay about his daddy.

Now she was standing in the kitchen with her son, about to cook lunch for both of them. Maria had taken the day off and Rabia had asked to come by 6'o clock to watch over Jay.

"I don't like pasta" Jay said.

"But you loved pasta. You said that when I made it last Sunday for you."

"Now I don't"

"Jayson Malhotra." Rabia used her "mom" voice

"But momma!" Jay wailed back.

"This is not a reason Jay." Rabia said.

"I want to have a chicken sandwich." Jay mumbled

"Then why don't you simply tell me that honey? It is not a nice habit to talk around things" Rabia said coming down to the eye level of her son.

"Sorry. I thought you would get angry because you already had the pasta out." Jay said

"It can be kept back also. Now go sit while I prepare our lunch." Rabia said as she put back the pasta ingredients and took out the ingredients for the sandwiches.

After having their lunch, Rabia watched the 'The Lion King' movie with Jay.

It was 5.30 p.m. when the movie finished. Jay got up and went to his small table set up in the corner of the living room and started coloring in his coloring book.

Rabia lay on the couch and watched her son.

"Momma" she heard Jay call her

"Yes baby?"

"Can I please get a lion king coloring book?" he asked with big eyes.

Rabia laughed at her son's expression.

"Of course you can baby. We will go soon and get them okay?"

Rabia got up and headed to Jay's room.

She took out a small briefcase and packed his essentials he would need for their 3 day trip to L.A.

She had bought this really cute tux for him to wear tomorrow. They were going to LA in the morning. The launch party was in the evening and then they would be spending two days there. She was planning on taking Jayson around. This past one and a half month had been hectic, with Marc's return and the launch of her line she had been barely able to give any time to Jayson.

Also she had to plan his trip to Disneyland. She had promised him to take him to Disneyland on 6th birthday and his birthday was next month.

After finishing his packing she went to her room to get ready for the evening.

Maria was also here as she heard her talking to Jay.

Rabia entered her closet and started going through her outfits. She didn't know what to wear. She couldn't be too formal as it was a meeting at his house.

"Maria!" Rabia called out.

A minute later Maria entered her room.

"Yes dear?"

"I have a meeting today; can you please help me to choose my outfit?" Rabia said as she went out and flopped back onto her bed.

Maria smiled.

"Since when do you need help to choose an outfit for a "meeting"? Are you not going to wear your usual formals?"

"No...I can't....it is like...the meeting....it is a dinner..." Rabia fumbled.

Maria was amused at the same time glad. She knew Rabia had a meeting today with a business associate. The same man she had gone to the other dinner meeting. That time she had her friend Natalie over for almost an hour before they decided on what to wear.

"Well dear, let us consider this a date and I can help you chose your outfit according to that." Maria said.

"But it is not a date, it is a meeting." Rabia said.

"I said to assume dear. I did not say it was" Maria chuckled. Clearly her employer liked whomever this man was.

Maria helped pick Rabia's outfit and an hour later Rabia was ready.

She was wearing a white dress with a brown belt. It had sleeves up to her elbows and it flared from waist down and ended just above her knees. She paired it with red heels.

Rabia finished her makeup and hair and grabbed her purse and overcoat.

"I will be back by 10 p.m." Rabia informed Maria

She kissed Jayson goodbye and went to her car and drove to his place.

It was 10 minutes to seven when she reached his place.

She got out and headed towards the lobby.

Suddenly she bumped into a blonde haired woman when she entered the lobby

"Oh my god! I am so sorry." Rabia said as she stepped back

"It is okay. I should have watched where I was going" the blonde apologized.

"My name is Chloe" she said extending her hand forward.

"I am Rabia" Rabia said and shook hands with her.

"Oh. Rabia Malhotra?" Chloe asked

"Yes." Rabia said giving her a confused look.

"So you are the girl Marc darling was talking about!" Chloe gushed

Rabia just looked at her with a shocked expression. 

"Last night in bed, he was telling me about you. He said how he had met you six years ago and now you both have met up again. He is quite interested in you, I must say. " Chloe winked emphasizing on 'interested'

"And you are to him?" Rabia asked

"Oh honey...his women are nothing to him. I am nothing to him and he is nothing to me. Just a tumble in the sheets .A one night stand which sometimes turns into many nights but never anything serious. He is a complete player. No respect for woman. But trust me honey tonight will be worth it. You will be more than satisfied" Chloe said and squeezed Rabia's shoulder.

"So I am just a game for him" Rabia said to herself

"Darling, the entire women he takes to his bed are." Chloe said and walked away.

Rabia stood there in the lobby with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Rabia's outifit for the meeting.