Chapter Forty Four

Rabia Malhotra

"Rabia feel this one. I really like this fabric" Lilly said as she handed her a fabric.

Rabia and Lilly were completely busy with the wedding preparation as only a month was left.

Marc and she had decided on June 6.

Rabia took it and felt the texture. It felt really nice.

"Yes, it is nice mom. Go for it." Rabia said.

Rabia heard footsteps coming towards the living room where they were sitting at Marc's parents' house.

Ever since the loss of her vision, Rabia's other sense especially her hearing and touch had become more sensitive.

"Hello there, my beautiful ladies." Ralph said as he came into the living room.

Rabia heard him settle in the sofa across from them.

"Where are Marc and my grandson?" Ralph asked.

"Marc has taken Jay to his soccer practice." Rabia said as she opened her wrist watch and felt the time. "They will be back soon" She said.

"Jay sure is active for a 7 year old." Ralph said.

"He is such a sweetheart" Lilly said as she flipped through more magazines.

Rabia couldn't believe her little baby boy was seven now though they didn't celebrate his birthday this year due to Rabia's accident and recovery. A cake was cut amongst the family member.

"Rabia...dear you seem lost in thought" Lilly said as Rabia felt her touch her hand.

"Oh, I am sorry. I was just thinking about Jay." Rabia replied smiling.

"How are the wedding preparation coming along?" Ralph asked

"You will not believe Ralph!" Lilly gushed. "We got the best wedding planner. She said to hold the wedding ceremony at Marc and Rabia's house, in the garden, as the space is more than sufficient for an intimate small wedding as Rabia wants it. Reception can also be held outside as well. It will be lovely. Everything is done. Only thing left is wedding cake, suits and dresses. Which reminds me, you, Marc and William have to go for the suit fitting."

"William?" Ralph asked

"Yes, he is flying from Australia for Marc's wedding. He is the best man." Lilly told Ralph

"Dad..." Rabia said.

"Yes dear..?"

"Will you walk me down the aisle?"

There was silence in the room and then suddenly Rabia was engulfed in a hug from Lilly and Rabia heard Ralph come over to her and embrace her as well.

"It would be an honor for me" Ralph said as he placed a kiss in her head.

"Thank you dad" Rabia

"Perfect!" Lilly said and Rabia felt her weight shift back and shuffling of the magazines again. "Tomorrow while the men will be gone for the suit fitting, we have to go look for you dress and also the bridesmaid and maid of honor's dress."

"Okay mom" Rabia said as she once again checked the time. Dee was going to be her maid of honor whereas Natalie was her bridesmaid.

"Mommaaa!!!"

Rabia got up as she heard her son yell and run towards her.

She bent down on her knees just as Jay came and slammed into her and hugged her.

"Whoa there baby! Careful!" Rabia said as she chuckled.

"We won mommy!" Jay said he placed a kiss on Rabia's cheek and Rabia kissed his cheek.

"Proud of you pumpkin" Rabia said as she felt his face and then ruffled his hair.

Rabia got up and heard Jay run towards his grandparents in the living room.

"Hello beautiful" Rabia heard Marc as he wrapped his arm around Rabia's waist.

"Hello"

Rabia felt Marc place soft kisses along the length of her neck and Rabia sighed. Being in Marc's arm felt like coming home.

"Lets go for dinner. You and me" Marc said.

"Jay?" Rabia asked as she turned around in his arms.

"He will stay with us. It has been a while we spent time with our grandson." Lilly said. "You both go enjoy."

Rabia and Marc left for their house where they got ready.

"So what do you feel like eating?" Marc said as they settled into the car.

"Nothing special is on my mind. You pick"

"Okay."

Rabia heard Marc humming a tune.

"Someone is happy" Rabia remarked and she heard Marc chuckle.

"Yes I am. Actually I know just the place for a perfect date."

"Date? I thought we were going for a simple dinner"

"Nope. I changed my mind."

Rabia felt the car come to a halt and minute later Marc was at her side and helped her out of the car.

Rabia could hear waves crashing and wind blowing.

"We are at the port?" Rabia asked

"Yup, we will be going out on a yacht and have dinner there."

"You have arranged this before hand, haven't you?"

"Maybe or maybe not."

Rabia reached out to playfully smack Marc.

Marc chuckled and hugged her.

Soon Rabia heard Marc talking with a man she presumed to be the sailor.

"Come one beautiful, this way" Marc said as he took Rabia's hand and guided her.

Suddenly Rabia felt herself being lifted and her arms went around Marc's neck.

Marc carried her on board and they settled in comfortable chairs on what Rabia thought to be the deck as she could feel the wind blowing through her hair.

"We are pulling out of the port" Marc told her and Rabia hummed in response and snuggled against Marc's chest.

Rabia felt Marc trace patterns on her arm.

"I love you so much" Marc whispered as he kissed her neck.

Marc turned Rabia around so that her legs were now wrapped around his waist.

Rabia placed her head on the crook of his neck and sighed. It felt so perfect. She could stay like this forever, out here in the water with complete silence except for their hearts beating in sync.

"We have stopped?" Rabia asked.

"Yes. It's perfect here. The sky is looking so beautiful and miles of water around us."

"I can imagine."

"But it all pales in front of you my love."

Rabia reached out and stroked Marc's face.

"I love you with my heart and soul, Marcus James Reynolds" Rabia said and captured his lips for a kiss.