Chapter Two

The Weeknd played softly through the speakers of my mini laptop. I sang along, speed typing about my views on the changes that have been made in 2015. I had gone through two apples and two cups of tea. Only two hours had gone by since I got there. Becky texted me almost every five minutes, trying not to be caught texting in class. She was usually really good at that.

I thought I was alone until The Birds pt. 2 came on shuffle. This was my favorite song by the Weeknd along with Prisoner  featuring Lana Del Rey. As the chorus came around, my hips started moving to the music along with my head. Near the end of the song, I was getting into it more.

Someone cleared his throat from behind me. "Skipping school today are we?"

I tried not to blush as this voice woke up the butterflies in my stomach. I closed my eyes and bit my lip. "Only for a good reason, sir." I turned to look at Michael Fassbender who was leaning against the doorway wall.

He'd shaven since I saw him last. I liked when he had a bit of ginger scruff on his face but I also liked when it was shaved, showing off his beautiful jawline. It was easier to imagine kissing it and cutting my bottom lip when the beard was gone. I always imagined things like this around Michael. Why haven't I gone for it and just made a move? He was Becky's father. What kind of friend would I be for doing that?

"What might that reason be?" He asked, coming up close next to me and looking at my computer screen.

I turned around to look on with him. "Oh just researching. This paper is due tomorrow and I've not done any of it."

He nodded. I could feel his hard chest against my shoulder as he breathed softly. "How long have you known about it?" He looked at me.

I kept my eyes on the screen so our noses wouldn't touch. "About two weeks now."

Shaking his head, Michael chuckled and backed off a bit. He came back to where he was before and looked at me again. "Look at me?" I did so, avoiding eye contact as much as I could. He examined my face and smirked. "No makeup today?"

I blushed a little. "Nope. I decided not to because.. Well it's raining and I wasn't-"

"You look beautiful without it." He interrupted.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

I closed my eyes, chuckling softly. I couldn't help but to blush more.  I could feel him getting closer as I opened my eyes to get a peak at what he was doing. He grabbed the trash that was behind me and walked it to the trash. Talk about rejection. I rolled my eyes at the fact that I even had the idea in my head that he would even try to kiss me. I sighed and went back to typing rapidly. He chuckled from behind my screen. "Angry?"

"No," I cleared my throat,shaking my head."Why do you ask?"

"Curious.. You're typing pretty fast." he leaned against the table, looking at me again.

I tried not to meet his gaze. "I'm a fast typer.. You're acting a little weird today. Are you alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine." he replied softly.

Yes, you are. I made the mistake of looking up at him.Our eyes caught each other's attention. Dammit. I hated eye contact. It was so awkward, so.. intimidating. It was as if  he was reading my mind and taking notes every breath we took. I started to look away but he took my chin and lifted my face to turn back to him. "I've been waiting to get you alone," he whispered. My mouth began to dry as I held my legs together. 

"W-why?" I asked.

"I fancy you, Tia." He tucked a strand of hair that fell from my bun behind my ear. "a lot.I don't know what took me so long to realize it."

"Mr.Fass-"

"Michael. Say Michael."

"Michael, I-" One part of me wanted to tell him i fancied him back but the other told me this is wrong. "I should go." I pulled away and began to gather my things, panicking slightly.

I could feel him watching me. He didn't take his eyes off of me. I got even more nervous. I hated being nervous because then I became clumsy. Just my luck when my laptop cord pulled my tea over into my lap,making me squeal. As it soaked into my sweatpants,Michael rushed over with a towel, cleaning up as much as he could. He sucked his teeth and shook his head. "You'll have to take these sweats off."

My eyes lit up as I looked up at him. "What? I-"

"Not here," He laughed."Go up into my room and into the bathroom and start yourself a shower. I'll let you borrow a pair of my sweats and one of my t-shirts. Alright?"

I nodded and stood up, doing as he said. His room was rather large. Seemed a bit too large for a single father. His walls were painted a charcoal color and his sheets were black and navy plaid with  white sheets. I was surprised at how well his room was kept as it was clean and seemed as if it was a guest room rather than the  master bedroom.  I took a spin around to examine my surroundings. That's not not what I was supposed to be doing. I went into the bathroom and nearly fainted. It was absolutely unbelievable how this man kept everything so well put together. 

I took a rag off of the shelf in the closet and stripped myself of my clothes. Getting in the shower and switching on the warm water, I could hear Michael outside calling to me "I'm setting the clothes on the bed, love!" I responded with an "okay" and continued to wash myself.

Why me? I thought, biting my lip. Why would Mr Fassbender, my best friend's father want me? Maybe it was a joke or maybe I was dreaming? I pinched myself. Nah this ain't a dream. What if something were to happen between us though?Something serious. What would Becky think? What would she do? I couldn't lose my best friend over this. I thought of my dad. My dad would lose his damn mind over something like this. I needed to leave. 

Getting out the shower, I went into the closet again and reached for a towel. Shit. There were none left and my clothes were in the room.