Chapter Twenty-Seven

Tia

The next morning, I woke up with an ache in my hips and the smell of breakfast foods in my nose. The sound of footsteps and the sun flashing my eyes woke me even more.

"Wake up, Darling," He said with a tint of excitement in his voice.

"I'm up, I'm up." I watched him as he kneeled down next to me, pecking my lips.

"Today's the day." He smiled wide, watching my confused face. "Today's the day we get married."

I sat up quickly with wide eyes. "Michael, what?!"

He hopped up and went into the closet. "I talked to a pastor this morning and he said he'll do it for free since the government isn't involved, which definitely says something but oh well!"

I rubbed my eyes and covered them, not believing what the hell was just told to me. "Michael."

"I've got my tux, and your dress is right here!" He came out of the closet, holding a plain white dress with an open back. It looked something like a prom dress. "And I'm sure it fits, I know your dress size and what not so you should be good!"

 "And I'm sure it fits, I know your dress size and what not so you should be good!"

"Michael," I repeated.

"And I have your bouquet in the kitchen. I just had to go outside and pick what was out there. We have the most beautiful flowers outside, I've never noticed it honestly."

"Michael!" I shouted this time.

He stopped with deer in headlights eyes. "Hm?"

"I can't marry you today," I said, shaking my head. "I-"

"But you said you would, Tia." His excitement dropped from his face. "You told me-"

I held my hands up. "I know! But.. it's so soon! Maybe next week or so!"

"There may not be next week or so, Ti. I could get locked up within the next twenty-four hours, Love! This can't wait!"

I shrugged and sighed. "I'm sorry, Michael. It's gonna have to. I just don't think I'm ready yet."

I felt bad for telling him this. He'd seemed so happy before but then that ended shortly afterwards. A part of me really wanted to marry him, honestly. The other part wanted him dead. But that was only such a small part of me and I hated that. I wanted all of me to want him gone. I wanted to have never felt anything for this man.

But it was too late.

I told him I hated him. I said it like I meant it, but everybody and their mamas knew I didn't.

At some point I had to confess that despite the abuse and the threats he placed upon me, I understood him and my feelings for him were much more than what they seemed.

Michael's face told me he was hurt. Not even angry. Just hurt. I felt bad for him really. His hopes were so high and I had to be the one to tear them down.

"Listen," I said, getting up. "You put that dress back in the closet, okay? And I'll think about it then let you know."

He took a moment to recollect before nodding and doing as I asked of him. I pulled my robe around my shoulders and grabbed my phone on my way to the bathroom.

As soon as I heard the bedroom door close, I dialed Carlisle's number. He answered on the first ring. "Where the hell are you?!"

I missed Carlisle, honestly. He was really blunt about anything he had to say and needless to say, I didn't mind it. I loved that about him along with his knight-in-shining-armor looks. He was gorgeous to me. But not too much to where if he said something rude, I would think of it as being a douche bag move. I just saw it as him being honest and caring.

"I can't tell you that, C. But listen, he wants to do it today." I ran my fingers through my now wavy hair. The straightened look was waring away from two nights ago.

"Do what," Carlisle asked. "Fuck? I thought y'all were past that!"

I rolled my eyes. "No, C. Get married! He wants us to get married today!"

"Oh," he replied. "Why today?" His tone was lowered and I could sense a bit of sadness in his voice.

I shrugged and turned on the shower. "Not sure. But I he woke me up so excited about it. He has a priest and everything."

There was silence on the other side. "And you don't want to get married.... at all right?"

"If I have to, then I will. Just not today," I answered. "I need some time before I just jump onto the marriage wagon. Some time to prepare myself, ya know?"

He went silent again. "What's today? Sunday? Tell him to wait till Wednesday. That gives me time to find you and to stop it. Alright?"

I nodded. "Fine. I'm still not telling you where we are. You'll have to trace calls or something because I can't risk him coming in here, choking me out. I already don't feel good."

"Alright, alright. You're probably in an obvious place anyways," pretty much. "Michael isn't that good at hiding the simplest things. I'll see you Wednesday."

I hung up and went to find Michael. The house was the same as I remembered it. Big, fall color themed, the fireplace sat in the corner. I've always loved this house. If I had the choice to live in it forever, I absolutely would. Of course I couldn't due to the given circumstances. Fuck.

I looked through the windows to see that he was sitting on one of the chairs in front of the outdoor fireplace. He was deep in thought, it seemed.

Stepping outside, the cool morning air hit my arms, giving me goosebumps. I went to him and took his hand, pulling him up and guiding him to the bathroom. I helped him take his shirt off before I left him work on mine.

Once we were both naked, we stepped in the shower and washed each other. During that time, I took the time in my head to decide what to say to him.

He looked down into my eyes once we turned to each other . "Have you decided something yet?"

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Wednesday. We'll do it Wednesday."

I frowned, roaming his hands down my back. "Why Wednesday?"

I looked at his chest and held my hands there. "So I have time to prepare. I've also always wanted to get married on no other day but a Wednesday. You know that's why it's called Wednesday."

He lifted my chin for me to look back up at him. "Why?"

"Wednesday was always a day for marriage. Wed is in the name," I informed him. I could tell that this fact was one that he had never heard of. "They teach us that in school but they'll never teach us how to do our taxes."

He chuckled and kissed me softly before leading me out of the shower. As soon as I stepped out, my stomach came up to my throat and I began throwing up into the toilet.

"Oh shit," I heard a panicked voice from behind me. Michael rushed to me and held my hair. "Tia, Tia, are you alright?"

*****************

Okay this is the chapter I hate. I could've done better but I want to get to the climax so bad 😩

Anyway, hi, Inkies!! How are you all?! How do you like this chapter? Are you ready for the next one?

I'll see y'all soon with the next chapter!

Love y'all!!
~Shann