Chapter Seven

Constant vibrating came from my phone. So constant I soon decided turning it off all together would be a good idea. I would just have to worry about messages coming back up once I turn it back on.

You might as well just answer the man, I thought. But I didn't want to. He was trying to waste my time. He was trying to use me. I didn't need that in my life. Especially not from a grown man.

This next class block was a free block. I didn't have a class scheduled so I would sit in the library or go see whoever it was that I wanted to speak to at the time. Leaving campus wasn't permitted unless my dad wrote a note for me to run an errand for his drama club meetings. That was only once a month. Today I decided to go and see my favorite literature teacher, Ms. Whiteside. I'd recently found out from another teacher that this was her planning block so she didn't have a class with her.

Walking in, I saw her speaking rather quietly with the new teacher. She was blushing and glancing down at her papers while speaking to him. Coach Cumberlorde was actually pretty cute. He was tall with a thick beard hiding his chin. His lips curved into a smirk as he watched her.

I realized I was staring and decided to knock a few times on the open door. "Hey, Ms. Whiteside! Oh- I'm sorry for interrupting, I'll just-"

They quickly looked up at me. Coach cleared his throat and shook his head. "No no, I was just leaving. I'll go make a copy for you, Whiteside." He picked up a paper and started backing up towards the door. "You're coming to the game right?"

She nodded and watched him. "Yep, I will be there."

He smiled and went out the door, allowing me to give Ms. Whiteside the "ooooh girl!" look. She rolled her eyes and turned to her desk, giggling.

She really had one of the most beautiful smiles I'd ever seen. I always wished I could look like her or have certain features that she had. Like her long hair rather than the shoulder length that I had. My admiration of her was never on a huge lesbian scale. Just a small girl crush.

"Anyway, Missy! How are you? I've not seen you in a minute," she asked.

I came and pulled a stool up to her desk and sat, fidgeting with her pink fury pen. "I've been okay and I know. I'm sorry I've not been by. I've just had a lot of homework and boy problems." I rolled my eyes, laughing softly.

"Girl you are too young to be having boy problems,"

No, he's just too old to be having problems with me.

"Am not! I just turned eighteen last week!"

She laughed and shook her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You know I'm teasing. What's his name?"

I could feel my eyes get wider and my stomach get lighter. Do I tell her the truth? "His name is Michael,"

"Michael, huh?" The mocha skinned woman gave me a small smirk. "Does he go to McCray?"

Trust me, honey. His high school days are over.

"He graduated," I said nonchalantly.

Last time I lied to Ms. Whiteside was the only day I didn't bring my homework to class. I told her some girl too it to compare answers then shoved it in the toilet. Mind you, I was in ninth grade; It was all I could come up with!

She nodded. "Well I bet he's a great guy," she looked at the ceiling and erased at the air with an imaginary pencil. "Scratch that. You're having problems so I'm imagining somethings the matter."

"No he's an excellent guy! It's just that I feel like I'm only there for him to relive moments with his ex-wi- ex-girlfriend. He's taking me to a few places that they've been this weekend. It just doesn't feel right,"

I looked down at the desk, thinking of his auburn waves. He and Mrs. Fassbender were having the time of their lives. I began to remember how they looked at each other with so much love until a few weeks before her death. He would stare at her with a hint of pain in his eyes. Her eyes consisted of annoyance along with her spicy tone when speaking to him.

I could've been making that up. Maybe that wasn't true. Maybe they were still a happy couple- a happy family before her death.

Silly thoughts flew around my head like a murder of crows surrounding their prey. I chuckled at the thought rather than Mrs. Whiteside's corny joke.

"I don't know, Tia. Maybe he really likes those places and he wants you to see them? Then maybe he'll take you to better places by saying you're better than the other girl?" She asked, rubbing her hands together.

Doubt it. "You're probably right,"

"So let him take you out!" She shrugged and leant back in her chair.

I nodded. Mrs. Whiteside made up my mind. I was going with Michael. "Okay! Maybe I will. If and only if you tell me what's going on with you and Coach." I smiled wide, waiting for her response.

She began to blush and laughed. "I'll tell you that when you really tell me who this guy is. You're a terrible liar."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I'll tell you one day. Just not today."

************************************

Hey sexies!
So I've finally updated thank god.

Also to read more about Mrs. Whiteside and Coach Cumberlorde go read my story The Build Up! It features Sanaa Lathan and Tom Hardy (my baby daddy). There's only one chapter so far but it's gonna be good!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE!!

-Shann