Chapter Nineteen

As soon as I arrived to the Fassbender home, I grabbed the Taco Bell bag and rushed inside along with our Mountain Dew icee's, making sure to look if Michael had been home. Thankfully, he hadn't.

It was important that he didn't know about the pregnancy yet. Not until we had a plan for the baby at least. Not that we had so many choices.

Once I got into Becky's room, I found her under her sheets. Setting the food on her dresser, I kicked my shoes off and got under the sheets with her. Face to face, we were only five inches away from each other.

"Is dad home yet?" She kept her eyes closed.

"No. he could still be at work."

"What time is it?"

"Eight o'two,"

"He'll be here any minute." She sighed. "I don't know what I'm gonna do, Ti." She opened her eyes and began sobbing softly. "I can't be birthin' no babies, Ti! I have lacrosse! Season hasn't even started yet. Conditioning has been so good! McCray might actually have a chance this year."

I nodded and wiped her cheeks. "I know, B. But how did this happen?"

She took a deep breath. "You remember that day I took a sick day and had you get all the work I needed?"

I nodded, listening intently.

"Well, David came over while dad was at work and we.. ya'know."

"David Frances, Rebecca?!" My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. David Frances was the quarterback of McCray's championship winning football team. "Well hey. At least it's senior year. He won't have to worry about football and raising a kid."

"Tia, he's playing for Auburn next year!" She shouted.

"Ew. Roll Tide."

"You're NOT taking this seriously!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry! I'm trying to lighten the mood!"

She laid on her back. "You're workin' my nerves. Stress isn't good for the baby."

"Oh good! So you're not aborting it."

Becky gave me the eat-shit-and-die look. "You're smarter than that."

I shrugged. "David is gonna want different, probably."

She got up and went to the bag of tacos. "Well fuck him. He put me in this situation." She picked out two and grabbed her drink, sitting back on the bed. "I'm so glad you only got soft shell. I can't do hard shell."

"You could a few weeks ago," I propped my head against my hand, facing her. "What's stopping you now?"

She rolled her eyes and glared at me. "Tacos are food, bitch."

"I still see no difference." I gave a smug smile before she threw a paper wrapped taco at my chest.

"You've never had one of the two," Becky said. "That's the difference." She looked at me over again once she noticed my cheeks turn pink. "Wait. You crazy bitch, yes you have! Why haven't you told me?! Who is it?!"

Before I could even come up with what to say, there were three knocks on the door. Beck granted the person on the other side permission to enter then in came Mr. Fassbender. "Hey, girls. Oh, tacos. I was just about to order Chinese." He stepped in, stealing a taco out of my bag.

My heart dropped as always when we made eye contact. "Oh, Tia. You have a visitor waiting for you." Death was in his eyes. "It's that Ryan kid." His glare changed. Kind of like it said "I dare you to get excited."

Becky looked at me with a smirk. "Oooh," She cooed. "Goldilocks is here for princess Tiaaa!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled a little for the sake of acting like her father wasn't the apple of my eye at the moment. I got up and went downstairs and to the front door.

Ryan stood in the door way, looking casually amazing. I could just pounce on him right then and there had my "boyfriend" not been upstairs. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail and his hands were tucked into his McCray High sweatpants. He flashed a sweet smile, lighting up the gloomy, gray day. "Hey, Tia. Your dad told me you hadn't gotten home yet so I figured you'd be here."

I nodded. "You came to the right place," I giggled. "I'm either at home or here."

Michael walked past, muttering "or in an office."

No he didn't! Biting my lip, I stepped outside and closed the front door. "What brings you here, Ryan?"

"I came to give this to you," he handed me a velvet purple box. "I was gonna wait until tomorrow after school while we were at the movies but I didn't want to wait. I get kind of impatient." He gave me a chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

I was so glad I closed the door because had Michael seen, he'd be a little upset. Once I saw the silver necklace and earrings shine in the box, I gasped, covering my mouth. "Oh my god! Ryan, this is so cute! But why?"

"I wanted my queen to wear nice and expensive jewelry when she rides across that field." He smirked.

Glass shattered inside the house. My skin jumped and my teeth clamped my lip. "Thank you so much, Ryan," I spoke softly. "You really didn't have to do this."

He set his hand on my arm. "Is everything okay? You seem nervous."

I nodded quickly. Nah, bruh. I'm gonna die. You shouldn't have come here. He's gonna kill me AND you ! "I'm good! I'm just really shocked you gave me this."

"It's my pleasure, baby girl." Panty drop. "I'll see you later. I've got dinner with my mom in a minute."

I nodded again. "Right. Thank you, again."

"No problem," he leaned in and kissed my cheek before going back to his car.

I stepped inside and closed the door. I checked my phone while walking up the stairs.

I hope you plan on staying the night. We definitely have some words to exchange.

****************

Uhhhh idk what to say.

Look if I was Tia though, I'd reply "Uh my dad said no."

Anyway, thank you all SOOO much for your comments!! I love y'all so much and you've helped me figure out the next chapter. 😊

Don't forget to leave some books you might want me to read 😫 (I like Italians fyi)

I LOVE YALL!!

~Shann