Chapter Four

Almost a week later, I was home by myself, bored out of my mind. I'd cleaned the house praying to God that it would last a good week before it got messy again. I never understood how it could be so messy when it's only me, my sister, and my dad living there. We were also rarely at home. Thinking about it, I hadn't seen my dad outside of school. Not even at home at night. My sister was there for dinner then went to bed. I normally came home, left, then came home again for dinner then sat in the living room to catch up on tv.

Today I had absolutely nothing else to do. Just as I began to call Becky, there was a knock at the door. I got up from my table and went to open the door to see a man dressed in a suit, holding a box of pizza and a bouquet of flowers. "This is from your admirer." He smiled and handed it to me.

"Who might that be?" I asked, smelling the flowers.

"You'll see, miss." He smiled and went back to his car.

Closing the door, I looked over the flowers and inhaled their fresh scent. I carried the pizza and the bouquet to the kitchen and set them both down. Something told me to open the pizza. Not just to see what kind it was because if the "admirer" really liked me, they would know cheese is the only way I go. But to check for notes or clues of who it may be.

Sure enough there was. The aroma filled my nose, making my stomach happy. As I took the note off of the top of the box, I bit my lip nervously.

"Answer your phone" it read.

I felt like I was in a damn scary movie because my phone rang shortly after I read the note.

I answered it slowly. "Hello?"

"Hey, gorgeous," Michael's voice gave me butterflies. I tried not to blush.

"Hey, Mr Fassbender." I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"I'm in the back. Come open the door before it starts to rain." I could hear that he was smiling from the tone of his voice.

I did exactly as he said and was rewarded with a deep kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck, I could feel my body being lifted up as he held me. We both chuckled into our embrace, seeming happier than ever. "How've you been, my love?" Our lips still touching.

"I've been well.. But I feel amazing now," I rubbed my nose against his. "It feels like it has been forever since I've seen you."

He nodded, biting his bottom lip. "I know, darling. I'm so sorry. Work has been kicking me in the ass this week."

I honestly hadn't seen him at all since last Monday. I got a text from him on my birthday, giving me the sweetest wishes. Seeing him in person that day would have been a much better gift. But like he said before, work got in his way of coming to see me.

I assured him that it was okay before he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I have another gift for you." He smiled, looking my face over.

"Really? What is it?" My eyes lit up in excitement. I wasn't expecting more than the pizza and flowers, which I still hadn't gotten to enjoy yet.

He set me down and took out his phone. "This weekend, Beck is going on a three day trip for lacrosse. You will tell your dad you're going with her then you and I are going upstate to the mountains."

My jaw fell to the floor. "Are you serious?" I held my mouth, searching for a hint of lie in his eyes.

He nodded. "I've rented a house and everything."

It sounded like he had the whole trip planned out specially for me. This meant he wanted to see me happy. He was willing to makeup for being absent on my birthday no matter what the cost was. And I was willing to let him.

But it also reminded me of last week. When we decided to stop making love because it would have been my first time. I remembered he wanted to make it special. Reminding myself of this made me unsure of if I was really ready or not. I had five days to decide and prepare myself.