SIXTEEN

Dear Diary,

My mind is no longer in a right state. I'm really confuse with his reaction. Doesn't he like it that I actually wore a hijab?

I'm not going to bother texting him tonight. If he chose to ignore me all night, I'll do the same. Let it be.

Love,

S.H.

----

Danial

His heart melted at the sight of her. How beautiful she was during breaking fast.

He have been averting his gaze away from her. He was in doubt if his heart could take it. He was afraid of making a sin by admiring his future wife. He was afraid if her face will be etched in his mind that he was unable to do his ibadah well during this holy month.

And he was right. He was having a hard time making her disappear from his mind. He kept thinking about her.

"MasyaAllah. How beautiful you were this evening," Danial whispered to no one in particular. He was trying his best to concentrate on his nightly routine of Quran reading. But he failed. And he was disappointed with himself.

"Astaghfirullah hal azim."

He shut the holy book and closed his eyes. Immediately Sofea appeared.

"I can't do this. I have to find my peace back."

He decided to bring the Quran to the mosque and Qiyam (the voluntary night prayer, whose time extends after the Isha prayer (the last of the five obligatory prayers, whose time extends from the disappearance of the reddish light in the sky until the middle of the night) until dawn.) at the mosque.

---
Sofea

"Why are you looking so grumpy today?" Kamelia asked as she took a seat next to Sofea in the meeting room.

It was lunch time and most of the staff have went out for lunch. Sofea and Kamelia, another Muslim staff, decided to stay in the meeting room and have a nap. There was another three more Muslim staff who went on doing their work.

"Oh nothing," Sofea said as she yawned. She was feeling sleepy and yet Kamelia was trying to open up a conversation that she preferred to keep it to herself.

"Oh come on. Tell me. Don't tell me because Raihan is on leave today, you're feeling down? Miss him?"

Sofea rolled her eyes upwards as she dumped her head on her folded arms on the grey desk. "No. Never."

Kamelia laughed nervously as she pushed Sofea lightly on the shoulders. "Impossible if you don't feel anything towards him? Almost all the girls go crazy about him."

Sofea turned her head towards Kamelia and blinked a few times. "Oh really? I'm afraid that I don't have any affection towards him. I treat him like a colleague. A friend. Not more than that."

Kamelia sighed in relief as she shrugged her shoulders. "Hmm.."

Immediately something clicked in Sofea's head as she raised it up. She scrutinised her colleague's face and a slow smile creeped on her face. "You like him don't you?"

Kamelia eyes went wide with surprise as she opened her mouth. But no words came out from her mouth. She was speechless.

"I'm right."

"Shhh.. It's nothing. It's just a stupid crush."

"How long have it been?" Sofea's eyes suddenly went wide with anticipation. Her sleepiness transformed into eagerness.

"Not sure. Since the first I laid eyes on him, I guess," Kamelia shrugged nonchalently.

"You have got to be kidding me? That's like-" Sofea paused as she counted in her mind, "5 years?!"

Again Kamelia shrugged her shoulders, as she adjusted her scarf on her head. "But he never notice me. He has went out with almost every woman in this office. Yet he had never ask me out once."

Sofea giggled as she drew her chair closer to her new friend. She had lost contact with her New Yorker friend, Felisha, due to Felisha gaining a new bestfriend in her university. Sofea spent more time with Kamelia after working hours. It's like she found herself a new bestfriend.

"Oh come on. Sometimes you got to be the one to make the first move."

Kamelia rolled her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me right?"

"Why not?"

"No way!"

Sofea folded her arms and bit her lips. "I'll help."

---
AIDA

Aida and her mother re-arranged the gifts on the tray. She was trying to get ideas for the wedding trays as she move the gifts around. She decided on a black and white theme.

They have decided not to get too many gifts - a Quran, wedding ring, and a black DKNY watch is sufficient. A total of three trays from the bride's side.

"Mama!" Sofea smiled at her mother as she kneeled next to her. "Wow! You're so creative."

"This is just a simple decoration."

"Simple but beautiful!" Sofea gushed as she hugged her mother. "Aww!! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mother."

Aida chuckled as she gave a peck on Sofee's pink cheek.

"We have one more week to go till the end of Ramadan and one more week to your wedding. Are you ready?"

"Frankly, I'm not. I mean will I be a good wife? I'm just 21 Mama."

Hajah Saleha laughed. "Believe me child. You'll do just fine. I was just 18 years old when my father forced me into marriage. I didn't want to. Not to that self-centered, egoistic man."

The trio laughed.

"But I did and I don't regret a thing," Hajah Saleha informed as she smiled widely. "So don't worry too much."

"Plus I believe Danial is the perfect person for you."

"If you say so."

---

A/N: I'm sssooooooooooo sorry for the late update. I was so busy moving. I had to diy most of the things at home. Now it's been a week since I've moved and I'm loving it! Finally a place to call home! ☺☺☺

I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's not much. Just a filler. Next chapter: Sofea celebrate her first Syawal.