TWENTY SIX

Dear diary,

I can't believe my eyes!!

I was thinking that it would be too early for me to be caring for a baby. But when I saw that two lines, I kind of go into shock. Danial was jumping for joy obviously.

Can I be a good mother?

To be truthful, I'm a bit scared. I don't think I can handle a kid of my own right now.

I still think it's too early!!

Love,
S.H.

----
Danial

He was feeling tremendously happy and excited when he found out about Sofea been pregnant. He knew that Sofea was not as excited as he was. But he knows in time, Sofea will soon be able to feel how he was feeling at that time.

When they bought the pregnancy kit at the 7-11 store, Danial was praying in his heart for it to be a positive. Afterall he was not getting any younger. And he loved her so much to be thinking of starting a family.

Sofea had went in the bathroom and took a pee on the stick. She was taking her own sweet time in the bathroom that Danial decided to burst in without waiting for her to reply.  He was so anxious about the result.

He found Sofea standing beside the sink, staring at the stick in her left hand and her right hand over her gaping mouth.

Danial creeped over towards her and peek at the stick. When he saw the two lines, he immediately pumped his fist in the air and shouted "YES!". His loud voice wake the shocked Sofea.

Danial hugged Sofea from behind and kissed her cheek. "We're having a baby!"

Sofea watched Danial from the mirror and bit her lips in skeptical. "Are you sure?"

"What do you mean 'are you sure'?" Danial frowned and pouted at the stick. "It clearly states that you're pregnant."

Sofea placed the stick on the counter and turned herself towards Danial. "Don't you think it's too early?"

"No. Having a child between a married couple is never too early. This is our rezeki (sustenance). This is Allah's gift for us."

Sofea smiled at him and nodded her head in acceptance. "Ok. If you say so."

Danial smiled back at her and kiss her lips. "Remember Allah will never burden a person beyond his capacity."

Sofea nodded again.

Danial could see Sofea's worry under her smile, but he reminded himself to be patience. He knows it will take time.

He lead Sofea out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. He was starting to feel sleepy. Looking at the time, it was almost midnight.

"We should go to sleep. We'll stroll down the beach tomorrow ok."

Sofea nodded silently.

They get ready for sleep, slipping under the covers. Sofea lay down beside Danial, but her body was turned away from him. Danial hugged her from behind and kissed her shoulder.

"Everything's going to be fine sweetheart," he whispered into her ear. "I love you."

Danial felt Sofea stiffen for a while, then she relaxed and turned herself around. Her face was so near to Danial that he could feel her breathing on his face. Yet she did not respond to his declaration of love.

"I'm sorry I was not as enthusiastic as you. It was just.. It caught me by surprise. I thought we could enjoy our marriage first before having kids. I mean it's only been a month since we got married," Sofea explained as she trailed her finger on Danial's muscular chest. It made him shivered in delight at the touch of her fingers.