TWENTY NINE

Dear diary,

Being pregnant was the last thing I wanted to be. But after the doctor appointment, it totally changed my mind. I saw the little baby in me. It's my second trimester and I'm doing good so far.

Only constantly hungry.

Like right now.

And it's in the middle of the night. Danial is fast asleep though. Maybe I'll order McDonalds on delivery. Suddenly I'm craving for french fries.

😅

Love,
S.H.

------

Sofea

"What are you doing still awake?"

Sofea turned around to find Aidil standing at the kitchen entrance. She smiled sheepishly and picked up a piece of french fries. "Eating."

Surprised, Aidil approached her with a chuckle. "At one in the morning?"

"I'm just so hungry."

"Danial?" Aidil stood in front of the fridge and open it. He took out a tumbler of cold water and poured himself a glass of it. He placed the tumbler back in the fridge and closed the door.

"Asleep. I don't want to bother him with this crazy cravings. Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"Markings. Just finished them," Aidil explained as he snuck a couple of fries. Grinning, he sat beside Sofea.

"Uncle Aidil. Just a question. Weren't there any woman that you're interested in?" Sofea asked as she sipped her drink. She watched Aidil avoided her eyes. Then it hit her. "There was someone! Who was it? Someone I know?"

Aidil rolled his eyes as he chuckled. "You don't know her. Actually it's funny that my story was a bit similar to your mama's."

"How so?" Sofea straighten her body as she focused on Aidil's story-telling session.

"Well... your grandfather had someone on his mind for me. But I fall for someone else. The only difference for me was, I obeyed my father's wishes and got engaged to my father's choice. My ex-girlfriend moved away to Turkey."

"What happened to your fiance?"

"We found out that my fiance had someone else. She decided to back out on our wedding day. Father was furious. He never talked to them anymore."

Sofea stared at him for awhile. She felt guilty for asking. "I'm so sorry."

"It's ok. I went to Turkey after that. I met my ex-girlfriend and we reconnect our love. However, two years ago, she told me she had to broke it off. She said she can't endure the long-distance relationship and that she met someone else."

"Oh my god! That's such a sad love story. It's like it came out of a movie."

Reaching for more fries, she dumped it into the chili sauce and stuffed them in her mouth.

"Yar," Aidil laughed nervously and sipped on his drink. "Speaking of which, I was thinking if you mum has spoken to you about Feroz?"

"The guy Atok trying to matchmake with?"

"Yes."

"No. She never mention him. Why?"

"Feroz called me today. He asked if she has made up her mind. He really wanted to marry her, you know. He had always some affection towards her since young. Maybe you can try to talk to her?"