Chapter four: Incompetent

With a deep and nervous breath, I hop out of the black Lexus as Joe, the driver opens the door for me. I give him a small, thankful smile.

"Would you like me to go in there with you?" He offers, obviously nervous for me. What is it about me that always tends to bring out the protective side of people?

I might look like a petite and fragile, pale-skinned, red-head on the verge of breaking if the wind hits too hard, or burn if the sun gets too hot, but I'm stronger than everyone seems to think.

"I'll be fine, Joe, thank you," I politely decline as he hands me my purse that he took from me while I got out of the car.

"Are you certain, Miss Lambert?" he asks, I can see that he wants to walk in there with me out of the goodness of his heart and not because of the obligations of his job.

Seriously? How bad can Mr. Rye's girlfriend be? Surely, Joe knows.

Tashi has told me that he's served as Mr. Rye's driver for decades.

But as I see it, or rather have read on my new tablet on Celebrity Bio Dot Com during the ride to the airport; Paris is a successful fashion maven, whom reportedly started from the bottom, so she cannot be that far up from earth.

I'm tempted to ask Joe just how Miss Paris really is like, up-close and personal, but I digress instead; "yes, I got it from here, Joe, thank you." I smile at his kind offer.

I leave Joe and the Lexus behind as I pass through the automatic doors to the private airport. Making sure that I have all the essentials that Tashi has advised me to bring with me; a bottle of water, because Miss Paris apparently likes to hydrate every twenty minutes, my gloves, since I was informed by Tashi that Miss Paris is a germaphobe and that everyone around her needs to wear a glove when serving her.

I left the neck pillow back in the Lexus, she apparently needs that, for when the car is moving around, since she gets motion sickness.

What else?

Yep. That's it.

The security man leads me to where Miss Paris is getting off the plane and I wait for her. From there, I preceed to watching her through the clear glass wall of the airport as she walks down the stairs of the private jet, holding onto a servant's hand.

She's so beautiful. So poised as if she's always ready for the camera to flash at any second.

It's so unfair how gorgeous she is. It's exactly people like her that belongs with the prominent Mr. Damien Rye, because she matches that beauty, that lifestyle.

Miss Paris's long blonde hair flows about her face, in the wind, as a man holds her hand and finally lets go when her long legs reach the floor. The man carries her purse as she walks, no, sashays on her heels in front of him. She's wearing dark sunglasses and a beautiful blue scarf over her blonde hair. Her blue, designer dress matches her scarf and high heels, and I bet her eyes too.

Quickly, before she can reach me inside, waiting for her, I touch my lips to check if I'm drooling from admiring her too much. I approach her and the man. "Hello, Miss Paris. I hope you've had a good flight." I nod at the man, he nods back and hands me the purse.

Without a word, she passes by me and keeps on walking. I have to run to catch up to her, as her long legs take far bigger steps than my short, unattractive one can ever measure to.

When we arrive outside where Joe is waiting by the Lexus, he quickly opens the door when we appear, letting Paris gracefully enter, before gently closing the door behind her. I walk to the other side to open my own door and Joe gets in the driver's seat.

"Your bottled water, and your..." I start but quickly shuts my mouth when she lifts one long, perfectly manicured finger to silence me. She takes off her scarf slowly, unraveling the full head of her perfect, silky, long hair.

I try not to gape as I'm holding the bottle in one hand and a neck-pillow in the other. She removes her dark sunglasses and gives them to me. I take the scarf and the sunglasses from her, struggling to hold on to all of these things at the same time.

"Water," she simply orders with her hand open. She hasn't even looked at me.

Without waiting a second, I hand her the water. She takes one sip and abruptly hands the rest to me, making a disgusted sound as she swallows. "What is this?" She makes a face, wiping her mouth and her hazel eyes finally grace over me. I realize I was wrong about her eyes before, they're an intense hazel, with gold flecks around them. She really is stunning.

"Um, it's water..." I carefully mutter in response.

She takes a deep breath and sighs, closing her eyes for a moment. "You are...incompetent. Where did Damien find you?"

Oh no. My heart takes a nosedive. "Um...I'm sorry. Isn't that what you wanted...? I can..."

"Stop talking. You are..." She turns her head at me again and her cold eyes study me from head to toe. "You are hideous. What is that on you? And why aren't I drinking my usual brand. Weren't you informed of what kind of water I drink before you got this job?"

My mom's clothes are not...

I shake my head, shaking off her insult. "I just..."

"Why are your lips moving? I'm sorry, did I say you could speak?"

I'm on the verge of crying now. My eyes are watering and I can't stop it. I can never stop it when I start. It's my curse.

She notices the tears forming in my eyes. "Oh my God, are you...I can't do this. Pillow, please!" She orders, her delicate hand in waiting.

Fast, I give her the pillow. She places it behind her head and rests.

I sigh in relief when she doesn't kick me out of the car.

Please don't forget to vote!

I've given the main character a last name so far, but she still doesn't have a first name.

Can you guys help, please?

What do you think of Paris?

Like her?

Hate her?