Chapter Five: Go Home, Miss Lambert

With dread brewing in my stomach, I walk toward Andrew's cubicle, hoping to God that my co-worker knows what the hell is a Kac Herbal Tea. I have a feeling that Miss Eva Paris sent me to do this, just so she can have a reason to get me fired. She can even fire me herself, since she happens to be the boss's girlfriend.

That woman is the devil, in a perfect disguise of luscious blonde hair, long perfect legs and beautifully enhanced breasts.

Looking enthralled in whatever he's doing on his computer screen, Andrew doesn't realize it when I walk into his small space. I knock on the wood of his desk to get his attention.

Startled, he quickly looks up, his dirty-blonde hair bounces back with his sudden movement. When his baby-blue eyes spot me, his frown turns into a sweet smile. "Hey, Sugarcubes," he greets me, his voice casual and boyish as usual.

Andrew is sweet all around, but especially to me. He's been nice to me ever since I started working at Rye Industries.

Everyone one else would pass by and overlook the shy, red-head receptionist with the perpetual ponytail, but Andrew would always bring me coffee before he rode up to his floor, even though he knows I've already bought mine.

At some point, I stopped wasting money buying myself coffee because I knew as soon as Andrew entered the Rye Industries Headquarters every morning, he'll head his charming self right to the front desk, kiss my cheek, ask me about my night and morning, and hand me a perfect, hot cup of my favorite latte.

On my first day here, I was making a delivery to his floor, and I let a bunch of sugar cubes fall on the floor, and he was the first person to come help me. He's called me Sugarcubes ever since.

My first day jitters subsided when I saw his face. He just had this trustworthy aura about him that made a girl feel comfortable. And it didn't hurt that he was super-good looking.

Andrew is not the rugged type, he's got more like a boyish cuteness about him. The kind of guy you want to pinch on the cheeks until they turn red and cute.

Unlike Mr. Rye, Adrew's smooth face is free of scroff or five-oclock shadow and he is more of a t-shirt-men. I've never seen him in a suit. He's the only man around here who dresses as if, at any given minute, he could just dress down for a swim or a shot at the sun. That's how casual he is, unlike the tense men who walk around in this building, looking like they're handling the while world's fortune.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Drew, but I'm sure you've noticed the lioness has entered the den and I'm unfortunately the person in charge of getting her something called Kac Herbal Tea. Have you heard of such a foreign concept of beverage?"

His smile widens, he's always smiling around me. "Fortunately for you, I have a mother who's seriously into yoga and green diets and she is obsessed with that particular tea. I'll help you."

I exhale out in relief, feeling grateful that he's just saved my ass. "Oh Drew, you have no idea. I think that woman enjoys asking me for things I obviously can't get her. I bet you, she's creating these ridiculous things out of the blue!" I express to him, lowering my voice in case Eva Paris makes a sudden appearance, like in the movies.

I don't want to be one of those characters who says things like "she's behind me, isn't she?"

Andrew chuckles and grabs for his jacket that hangs on the back of his chair. "I'll get it for you, Sugarcubes. Don't worry."

"Thank you, Andrew." I kiss his cheek like I always do and walk away, relieved that I have someone to rely on while Tashi is away.

As I enter Mr. Rye's office, I hear a groan from Eva Paris when she realizes that it's me who dares enter and not her billionaire boyfriend.