Chapter six: Sir, The Cat Ate My Homework

Please vote and comment.
Thank you for reading.

I'm sitting on the black-leather couch in front of Mr. Rye's desk, waiting for him to fisnish speaking on the phone.

No matter how many times I step into Mr. Rye's office, my eyes always seem to admire his characterized surrounding. Everything around him seems to be perfectly suited for him. Just for him. As if he has control every single detail.

Even a stranger would step in here and feel the natural dominance the room exudes, just like Damien Rye.

As intimidating as the room is, and as little and shy it makes me feel, I still find something to relate to; I love to read. So I especially appreciate the built-in library he has in here. The book cases seem to make him more human to me, as if he's actually someone I could talk to about all the adventures I've lived through with everything I've read.

But he's not. And I can't ever imagine been so uncomfortable around him and with him to ever want to talk to him as if we are on the level.

But nonetheless, I still want to steal some time when he's not in there, and just look through his collection. I'm fascinated with the way it looks. They all look like first editions, and no doubt they indeed are. This man is rich enough to feed fifteen countries.

As Mr. Rye continues to speak on the phone as if I'm not there, my eyes go down to oriental rug covering the floor of his office, and for some reason the sight reminds me of that ugly rug in that shelter house when Benjamin insists on staying. My heart flips when I realize that I haven't visited him in two weeks. My new temporary position as Mr. Rye's assistant has taken over my whole life that I'm even forgetting to take care of my own family.

Benjamin is family. No matter how ashamed I am to admit it. I can't change it.

"Yes, settled, mate. I'll see you there, yeah?" Mr. Rye laughs and turns his chair around, seeming to suddenly take notice of my presence, even though he's the one who told me to leave my desk outside and come in here.

He hangs up the phone after another moment of listening to the person on the line, then signals me to stand up.

I do and come forward.

"I want you to guard these with your life, do you understand?"

Please don't forget to vote!

Our heroine gets in stupid trouble in this chapter.

Can't wait for you guys to find out.