Chapter 4

“Well, Casanova. How’re things with Lester?” is the first thing Chris asks when he sits down in the cafeteria at lunch break on Wednesday.

Dan can’t help but chuckle as he remembers how awkward and shy Phil acted the night before. How innocent the boy is. “Alright, I guess. I don’t know. I tried flirting with him yesterday- well, kind of. I’m still thinking of ways to be subtle but anyway, you should have seen him.”

Dan grins, shaking his head in amusement. He just can’t understand how a 16-year-old boy can be as inexperienced as Phil seems to be. “He got all flustered and shy when I did as much as casually touching him or grinning at him."

“Jesus Christ, how old is he? Five?” Chris snorts. “Has he even been kissed yet?”

Dan feels a pang of something in his chest and he bites down on his lip, holding words back he knows he shouldn’t say. (Like ‘Yes he has been kissed. On the cheek at least’ or ‘Not everyone sees fucking and kisses like we do’ or just ‘Shut the fuck up’) Chris is just being his sarcastic self and it’s just Phil he’s talking about, for God’s sake. There’s no reason why Dan suddenly feels pissed off and defensive.

He shakes his head, trying to get rid of that feeling, or whatever it is, concentrating on his and Chris’ conversation again. “Yeah, right. I really doubt that. He’s like, awkward as fuck.”

Chris gives him a look and raises his eyebrow, obviously noticing Dan’s mood swing, but before he can say anything someone sneaks up behind Dan and covers his eyes with their hands.

“Guess who.” A voice rings through his ears and Dan has a hard time holding back a sigh. Anywhere would he be able to recognize that sickeningly sweet scent of cheap perfume and that high-pitched, chirpy voice – though Dan is more used to hearing it form moans and dragged out versions of his name.

“Holly.” He says, his voice cheerful and happy, although he currently doesn’t feel any of these emotions. He’s good at faking them though.

Holly giggles and lets her hands fall down from Dan’s face before sitting down next to him – or rather on him, as she’s practically sitting on Dan’s lap. “How are you, baby?” She murmurs into his ear, her teeth lightly grazing the lobe.
Dan sends a desperate look towards Chris, pleading for him to do something – anything – to get rid of Holly.

She’s a great fuck, Dan has to admit so much, but that’s about it. Her other ‘qualities’ involve being annoying, being clingy and not getting that Dan and her are not even close to dating. And Dan really has not the time and definitely not the nerves to deal with her right now.

“I’m fine. You?” He replies, slinging his arm around Holly’s waist, gently moving his fingers up and down her side. And that’s not at all what he wants to do, but as much as he’d rather have her off of his lap and preferably on the other side of the room, Dan has to keep her happy so she stays and he doesn’t have to look for another ‘toy’ he can fuck whenever he pleases.

Of course it’s not hard for him to hook up with whatever girl he wants, but keeping them as casual fucks is a lot harder than that as a lot of those girls tend to confuse the term ‘fuck-buddy’ with ‘girlfriend’ (Holly does that too from time to time, but usually a annoyed glance from Dan is enough to remind her of their agreement) and Dan certainly doesn’t do the whole girlfriend and being in a relationship thing. He doesn’t want to be with someone in other ways than just fucking. 
Dan’s single and he loves it.

Apparently Holly takes Dan’s question as an invitation to share her issues with him and rambles on about stuff, Dan’s not even slightly interested in. “I’m really pissed, actually. You know Alice, right? That stupid bitch in my English class? Well, you won’t believe what she said about me…”