Episode 9: First Date

On the morning of the date, Yuta dressed into his causal shirt and jeans. After messing his hair up, he walked down to the kitchen, just in time for the date at nine. When he walked in, Sora was just finishing up her morning run.
"Are you going somewhere today, Onii Sama?" asked Sora, noticing his nervousness.
"Y-Yeah just for a bit..." Yuta averted his eyes as he answered.
"Awe, do you have a date?" she joked, leaning in to see his slightly pink flesh. When she noticed how close she was to him, she pulled back quickly, finding her shoes very interesting.
"U-Umm... Sora, i-I'm just going out with some friends... okay?"
"So you're not going on a date?"
"No." With this answer Sora's face immediately brightened. Yuta sighed, knowing his sister had some weird affection towards him.
I dodged a bullet there.
"Breakfast is ready Master" Kotori popped her head out the doorway in search for him and noticed his clothes too, "Are you going out Master?"
"Yeah, I'll be going out for a bit, don't make lunch for me. Come on Sora, let's have breakfast"
"Hm"
Yuta left right after breakfast. Unknown to him, as soon as he left, Sora covered her eyes as if a waterfall was about to breakout.
"You already have me Onii Sama, why are you going on a date?" she whispered in to the empty house, as her tears left her eyes.
Yuta reached the station after a ten minute walk.
I'm still ten minutes early.
Yuta sat down on the bench and watched the small Nekoroids playing in front of him, reminding him of Kotori and Ui when they were smaller.
"Hello Miyabi, did you wait long?" said the girl approaching Yuta from the side.
"No I just got here and call me Yuta, we're on a first name basis until Akazume is convinced right?"
"Right... Yuta..."
"Alright, let's go."
"So where are we going?"
"I was thinking Akihabara."
They took the train headed for Akihabara with Sakura still slightly confused of why Akihabara.
"Yuta, why Akihabara"
"Well first, there's that new café with cake you wanted to try and there's Mahou Nekoroid merchandise there for you to buy"
"How did you know about the new café and that I was into Mahou Nekoroid? I kept my hobby a secret, the only person I talk to about is..." Sakura paused for a moment as she realised who had sold her out, "Yuko..."
"Sorry I called her last night about this and she told me about it," laughed Yuta.
"You don't think I'm weird or geeky or childish do you?" she asked with her eyes wide open.
"No I don't mind. Having a hobby is great and I won't judge you on your hobby, to be honest, I also watch Mahou Nekoroid at times, but I'm still an amateur in this"
"D-Don't worry I'll help you master it in no time"
Yuta chuckled at Sakura's sudden determination to turn him into an Otaku.
They arrived at Akihabara station and checked out the manga store where they found their treasure, a pile of Mahou Nekoroid manga series. Sakura took volumes seven to twelve of Mahou Nekoroid to the counter and purchased it without hesitation. They dwelled in more manga stores looking at all different types of manga until lunch arrived.
The maids of the café seated them down and took their orders for two slices of four different types cakes.
"This is my first time having cakes as lunch" said Yuta as he scanned through the menu of the café.
"Sorry for being so selfish" Sakura apologised.
"No it'll be a great experience" he returned a smile that wiped away Sakura's guilt.
The maid returned with two slices to chocolate mud cake and placed it on the table, "Here you go Master, Mistress"
Yuta split off a piece of the cake and was about to taste the sweetness but stopped instantly when he noticed Akazume seated at the tabled behind Sakura observing them.
So he really is following us. Why can't he just give up? Alright, I have to do something with more impact.
"Hey Sakura, say ah..."
She blushed and hesitated for a moment before she opened her mouth and allowed Yuta to feed her a piece of his slice.
"Y-You too..." she too fed Yuta a piece of her slice in return
Even though these are the same type of cake, Akazume wouldn't know and think we just fed each other.
After their wonderful dessert lunch they moved on to the figurine store, where Sakura found an even greater treasure.
"That's... That's... the limited edition Mahou version of Nekorin!" said Sakura with sparkling eyes.
"Add it to your collection then"
"I have no money left for it"
Yuta looked at the price and was shocked as his eyes were set on the price, 50 000 yen.
"Do you really want it?" Yuta asked as he gazed at the figurine.
"Yeah, it's alright, I'll just have to save up more money for it one day."
"But it's a limited edition figurine right? You probably won't get to see it again."
"Probably..." Sakura looked down at the grey carpet.
I can't help it. I just don't have enough for it. Yeah, I'll just have to save up for another figurine later on.
Sakura looked back to see that Yuta had disappeared; she looked left and right for Yuta. Suddenly a hand patted her shoulder; she turned around to see Yuta holding a bag in his hands.
"Here, take it" Yuta lifted the bag to Sakura.
"What's this?" she accepted the bag and looked inside. Her eyes widened, happiness rushed through her, inside was the figurine of Nekorin. She looked back to the shelf to see that the figurine had disappeared, "This is... I can't possibly-"
Yuta placed his hands up to stop Sakura from returning the bag, "No, take it; this is a date after all. Just consider it a Christmas present"
She held the figurine tightly to her chest. "Yuta... thank you! I'll be sure to treasure it"
She continued to hold the figurine tightly, her face flushed with red. Yuta stood awkwardly looking at the bright smile before him.
Yuta... Oh no! I may have fallen more deeply in love with him now... This isn't unfair, why did he do this, could he have feelings for me too?
"Let's start heading back before it gets dark"
"Uhn" Sakura replied cheerfully.
I just hope he does...

Creation of Kyodai Productions

Happy Birthday to our newest member Misaki!
Kirito loves you very much Misaki! ❤️