8

As the days pass by and I roamed around the village and did nothing, I started to think about Gaara.

We hadn't talked in about 7 years but I caught him staring a lot. I think he hates me or something. Or maybe it's just his eyes, which look like they're going to kill me.

Temari and Kankuoro had recovered but Gaara was still in the hospital. I think.

Maybe I should visit him.

Many times these thoughts crossed my mind but then came the memories of him in his murderous state, where he turned into shukaku and killed people, where he didn't care whether they were innocent or not, just wanted to kill them.

I wanted to train and go on missions but the doctor told me to rest a few days. I wasn't that hurt!

I hopped from roof to roof while thinking this stuff. When was my boring life going to change. I wanted to practice my kekei genkei but the Kazaekage didn't allow me to. He even sent some jonin ninjas to spy on me. It's like using Iron is illegal here.

I was snapped out of my thought when someone suddenly appeared in front of me in ninja speed and stopping me from jumping on the next building.

In alert mode I took out my kunai in super speed and held it in front of me in defense. I looked up at the face of the person and I was surprise- no Flabbergasted to see who it was.

"G-gaara!" the words stuttered out of my mouth like it had a mind of it's own.

He stood there tall and straight looking at me with intense eyes as if he were about to eat me. I held my kunai down and looked at him, confusion written all over my face.

"I want to talk to you" He said in a husky voice. No hi or hello, no smile, just a straight 'I want to talk to you'. I mimicked his voice in my head.

He just jumped down and headed into a ramen shop expecting me to follow him. I just hope I don't have to pay!

I followed him and sat beside him keeping some space between us because he was still scary.

I looked at to start the conversation.

He stayed quiet and nervous. Was this possible? Gaara of the sand. Nervous.

That doesn't match at all!

He looked at me and mumbled something in a low voice.

"sorry?"

"I- I just want to tell you I'm s-sorry!" He said in his deep voice quickly.

The bewilderment I felt was not enough to describe in words.

"what?" I coughed staring at him with wide I eyes.

"you heard me! I said I'm sorry!"

"for what?" I practically shouted.

He looked uncomfortable.

"For scaring the shit out of you 7 years ago and not talking to you"

Oh my God! He finally said it. He said he's sorry. Gaara said he's sorry for scaring me. Aaaaaaaaah!

I stayed quiet for a few minutes.

I don't know why but I was freaking out on the inside but staying calm I finally said.

"Why are you apologizing now?"

"So... do you forgive me?" He asked ignoring my question.

"Well ... I don't really know, I mean I'm surprised that you came to say sorry but how come?"

He looked at me with his blue eyes.

"It's a long story. But I just need to tell you .. I'm sorry and I've changed! I'm sorry for killing people and making them hate me, I'm sorry for scaring you, I'm sorry ... I want to ask you something!" He looked away and I could feel that he was shy.

How can this be possible Gaara was shy amd nervous. He was apologizing to me. This was all happening too fast and I couldn't process what was happening.

He continued. "w-will you be my friend?"

My eyes felt like they were going to pop out.

And what I did was completely absurd.

I chuckled.

A small smile appeared on my face as I looked at him and giggled.

He wanted to be friends. That was so cute.

But keeping in mind he was Gaara I smiled and said.

"Weren't we friends from the day we met? I'd be happy to ... Gaara!"

It was his turn to be surprised. He stared at me with wide eyes. His ocean blue eyes had a glint of happiness and trust me he looked ... so , what should I say? ... Handsome.

Never had I seen Gaara happy! Or even a bit of happiness.

Slowly a small, unnoticeable smile crept onto his face.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so so so sorry for not updating. We were shifting to another country and I was super busy! I;m going to update as soon as I get settled.

Hope you are enjoying the book! Romance ... coming soon! ;)

Arigato!