10

Kahuko, I and Nate leave to yet another S rank mission which I'm really excited for!

When I'm all ready and meet them at the gates of Suna I am surprised to see the sand siblings standing there. Temari waves at us and I look to see that there are only us and no sensei's. Well, guess I'll have to get used to becoming a chuunin.

"So the mission was ..." Kankuoro starts speaking but as I already know it, I get lost in staring at the scenery in front of me.

Sand, sand and sand. That's only what I can see other then the blue sky and bright yellow sun. I want to move to another place as soon as I become jonin. I'm so sick of seeing sand flying everywhere and getting stuck in my gray hair. I literally have to brush it out unless I tie my hair in a bun. And I don't like buns ... it makes me look old.

"... Rei! Pay attention!" Kankuoro snaps and I quickly look at him focusing on what he's saying. Kankuoro continues "so Rei and Gaara will be going east to look for any missing-nin, you and temari go west ..."

I don't listen anymore because what catches my attention is that I have to go with Gaara... Alone.

I know we're friends but what if he loses control and kills me?

'Wait. Rei what are you thinking? You are a chuunin and powerful kunoichi ... he can't hurt you until you defend yourself'

But it's Gaara. He's sometimes so weird it freaks me out.

As I continue to argue in my mind Kankuoro shouts "Leave." And that's when every team jumps in different directions leaving me standing alone with Gaara. I look at him to see an emotionless face turn around and making a floating sand platform thingy. He jumps on it in ninja speed and starts to float away.

Well, I guess that means Gaara is back to his original attitude. I speed towards him following him.

After a while of running and following Gaara while he is doing nothing on but sitting on his sand I get frustrated and do some quick hand sign's. "Iron style: Iron molding jutsu"

I will the Iron to turn into a platform just like Gaara's to float and it turns out to be a perfect replica of his except the color difference.

I manage to jump on it but apparently I can't sit down because of the slippery Iron so I decide to stand on it. At least I don't have to run anymore.

I turn to see Gaara's expression and he seem to be amused. In a really quite voice he whispers "cheater" but due to my sharp senses I hear him and blush. Well since I'm pink most of the time my face heats up to red.

He looks at me and smirks. 'Oh look! Gaara can make an expression' I say to myself and giggle quietly.

We head east for another 2 hours. Sometimes I get tired of standing so I decide to run but all the way we stay silent.

This gets me a bit annoyed.

As the sun sets and the background changes from Sand to trees and grass I let out a happy sigh. The fresh air and sound of nature let me think clearly. Unfortunately, We hadn't found any missing-nin and had searched most of our surroundings. I let out a sigh because Gaara was still silent and said nothing.

"what is it?" I asked and he seemed confused.

"what's what?"

"I mean why are you so quiet?" I asked directly.

He lets out a sigh and reply's with a 'nothing'. Believe me, That's the only conversation we had all day and as the light blue sky turned into a dark blue I stopped.

"I think we should take a break and rest. I'm tired" I whined. Gaara looks at me with his sky blue eyes and I see that he's a bit irritated so I just give him a pleading look.

He huffs and says "I'll take first watch. You go and rest" I smile happily and lay down next to a tree. I see Gaara standing on top of a branch in the tree in front of me looking at the dark blue sky shining with many stars.

I look at the moon to see that it's not full moon and breath out a sigh of relief. You see when it's a full moon there might be chances that Gaara turns to shukaku against his own will and I do not want to be with him in that form.

I wander off to a dreamless sleep.

Gaara's P.O.V

I don't know what got over me when I was with Rei that day. It felt like I had changed into a whole new person. I thought friends were supposed to act that way but I think I'm taking this way to quick. This isn't me and I just completely changed when I saw Rei smile. Maybe it's the whole friendship thing. Maybe friends feel this way every time their friend smiles. I don't really know how to ... be with people, to care about them, to have fun with them, to talk with them. This is all so weird to me.

I wonder all this as I sit on top of a branch and look at the sleeping body of Rei. Her gray hair is let lose which she barely lets out. Most of the time her hair is tied into a ponytail with her short bangs falling on her face. Her face is somehow shining in the night sky. She seems so calm and at peace.

I let out yet another sigh. This is weird.

***

I wake up with a bolt and look at my surroundings. Where am I? How long have I been asleep?

I clear out the strands of m gray hair out of my face and calm down to see I'm still in the forest with Gaara infront of me.

He looks at me to find me awake and stands up. He walk towards me with his arms folded on his chest. "Finally you're awake! Can we leave now?" I huff and get up brushing past him to jump on a tree.

As soon as my feet touch the bark I hear the throwing of a kunai my way. I dodge it as fast as I can and look at the direction it was thrown from. I take my kunai and shuriken out of my pocket and stand beside Gaara in defense mode.

Another kunai is headed to us from another direction and I jump and slash. I run at that direction and throw many shurikens. The sound out of someone dodging and slashing comes and I jump behind the tree and throw another shuriken. I see a tall man in black dodging my shurikens there.

I take out my Iron from my back pocket and make the hand signs as fast as I can. I sprint at him with the Iron floating around me and we get caught up in a fight full of punches and kicks.

The Iron around me turns into spikes and heads toward him. He jumps back and dodges again. I look behind to see Gaara fighting a woman.

The man makes some hand signs and shouts "Fire style: fire ball jutsu" and a huge ball of fire comes towards me. I smirk.

The Iron protects me from the fire and turns so hot that it can burn your hand if you touch it. This time I make the signs and whisper in a sadistic voice "Iron style: Iron burial jutsu"

Abundant amount of Iron comes out of the ground including the hot one and surround the man. The Iron grips him like a fist and starts squeezing and closing tightly. The man screams and shouts for mercy but it gets muffled with the iron surrounding him.

I raise my own hand in a fist and start to close it slowly, when its fully closed I see the blood seeping out of my Iron. I had crushed him.

A/N: So I wrote in Gaara's point of view. Did you like it? Should I write more in his P.O.V?

Sorry for late update ;)

Arigato!