13

Gaara's P.O.V

When I see Rei Benipe ... my comrade and as Naruto would say 'Friend' standing there, I am surprised. The first emotion I've shown in years. I realize that she is looking happily at me and think ' Maybe she's here for one of the missions'. Hmm tsunade never told me she was sending someone here.

"Long time no see Kazekage?" Rei's cute yet mature voice says. Wait, Did I just say cute?

'HAHAHA... yes you did!' Shukaku suddenly yells from inside of me. Snap out of it Gaara.

I get up from my desk leaving a big pile of paper work there and gesture Rei to come in. She comes in still smiling. Well, She doesn't show this much emotion infront of anyone. Maybe she's really excited about something.

I look her up and down to see that she looks mature. I mean her face looks beautiful. Her hair is even longer and she now has curves. Wait! Gaara you pervert!

The thing that catches my eye the most is you can see her belly. She is wearing a sea green lose crop top and black leggings. You can see she is wearing mesh ninja armour underneath but it is cut near her stomach. I can see her fair and slim stomach with a piercing at her belly button. She has her headband around her neck and her amazing gray hair is loose and on her shoulders. She looks so nice, so ... beautiful!

The first thing that comes out of my mouth is "Are you here for a mission?"

Her smile falters a bit. Stupid Gaara, I mentally slap myself. What is happening to me?

"No, Can't I come and visit my home?" she shrugs.

"Well then, Have you finished you're training in Konaha?" I ask all businesslike and emotionless.

"Yes ..." She says still excited.

"Uggh! I can't keep it in anymore ... How the hell did you become Kazekage? What have you been doing? Can't you show any emotions? What happened to you? Ohmygodimsoexcited!" She says all of this so quickly.

Looks like somebody's changed a lot.

I smirk.

"Congratulations Gaara!" She screams and holds out her hand for me to shake. I'm about to shake it but she suddenly jumps and hugs me.

SHE HUGS ME!

Nobody and I mean nobody can hug me!

I don't know what to do and I stand there stunned.

She finally let's go and blushes in embarrassment. Even if the hug was for seconds I can still feel the tingling where her body touched mine.

WAIT! What am I feeling and thinking? I'm going crazy ... oh kami please help me!

She coughs trying to break the awkward silence. Bang! The door flies open and Temari rushes in.

Oh thank you Temari for coming in at a time like this! Love you sis.

"Oh sorry kazekage sama but can I borrow Rei for a minute?" Temari says all formal like but doesn't stop to hear my answer and grabs Rei's arm running outside of my office.

I su=igh and sit down. Typical Temari. She's changed a lot since I changed. That makes no sense. What is happening to me?

Rei's P.O.V

Temari drags me out of Gaara's office. What is wrong with her?

"Ok so I decided that we should get to know each other more. You can hangout with me after you're all fresh and ready! Is that okay with you?" Temari exclaims.

I chuckle and say "sure. I'd love to ... and I'd like to know what changed you so much so yes!" I yell excitedly.

***

As Temari and I walk around the village I sense a lot of happiness. Things have changed a lot in two years surprisingly and I just feel so happy to be back home. The children are chasing each other, playing and holding their parents hands. There is an aura of happiness and it feels peaceful. Everyone seems so carefree even though it's about to be dusk. Shouldn't thay be rushing to their homes ... all scared of Gaara and shukaku.

"No one seems scared. Everyone is so carefree!" I point out to the blonde beside me.

"Well, Things have changed. Gaara is surprisingly no longer the monster everyone feared. He seems to be calm and emotionless all the time. And he's doing a great job as a Kazekage."

"oh!" I say.

"What happened to you?" I say hoping she won't mind.

"What do you mean? Is it good or bad?" Temari says looking all worried.

I chuckle "No, no, You are great ... I like this new personality of yours. I just wanted to know why you are being all nice and friendly to me?"

She sighs and looks down, losing all the excitement from her face.

"It's a long story but I just want to say ... I'm sorry Rei. I know you were just like Gaara, You were alone and had no one and I was mean to you. It's the change in Gaara that surprised me. He came and apologized to me about scaring me and shit. That's when I realized how mean 'I've' been to him. He's my brother and I feared him like he was an enemy. When he was a kid we all treated him so badly and I just... I felt bad." She says softly.

"About the change you see in me, Well, You have always seen the negative personality in me. This is me. The real me. I always act this way in front of my friends and I guess I was scared of you too because of you're kekei genkei and stuff and acted the way like you don't exist. I'm opening up to you in the hopes that you will forgive me." Temari finishes.

I smile and put my hand on her shoulder. "It's ok Temari and I really appreciate that fact that you realized your mistake. I worried more about Gaara and what he was becoming. Thank Kami he has changed and so have you." "Now let's go eat something because I am Hungryyyy!"

She laughed at the last comment and we headed to the sushi bar.

"Oh right! About Gaara ... is there something going on between you two?" Temari asks wiggling her eyebrows.

I blush crimson and look away "w-what? NO! we're just friends!"

Since I've been hanging out with Ino and Sakura, I'm d=starting to get a hang of this school girl crushes and love things. So whenever someone makes this kind of joke I immediately understand.

She sighs "If you say so..." "But we'll see" she smirks.

***

A/N: Hey there! Late update... sorry!

Arigato!