Epilogue

6 years later ...

"Mom, where is uncle Kankuoro?" Shikadai asks Temari.
She smiles at the 2 year old and says "I don't know dear!". The toddler runs away trying to find him, making me chuckle at his cuteness.
"I still can't believe all of you guys got married! and had kids. God! How time passes!" I say to Temari.

"Why? Are you waiting for Gaara to propose to you?" She wiggles her eyebrows. I blush and roll my eyes, not answering her.

Here I am in Konaha, visiting my best friend who is already married to Shikamaru and has a cute child. I am now 22, but don't worry! I'm not married yet. I still think I'm too young.

We went through the fourth great world war and many other incidents but here I am, still alive and healthy because of Naruto and Sasuke. I don't talk much to that black haired bastard because he kidnapped me 6 years ago and I almost died. Anyways, I am happy because all of my friends are happy and busy with their lives.

Aside from me Kiba, Shino, Kankuoro and Gaara aren't married. "I think I should be leaving by now. I already finished my mission and have to go back to Suna to complete my duties." I say all heroically.
"Yeah right? I bet you want to go back to your lover" temari teases me.

I laugh and get up shaking my head and telling her to say goodbye to Shikadai. "Come back to Suna as soon as you're free, We're all missing you." I say and then shout "Kankuoro! I'm leaving. Stop hiding from Shikadai and come on"

He comes out of a room and scratches the back of his neck sheepishly. Shikadai grabs his leg, whining and not letting him leave. I sigh and crawl up beside him, pick him up and look at him closely. "He needs to leave or else Sunagakure will be in danger!" I say in a deep scary voice. He squirms away from me and almost starts to cry but I laugh and hug him.

"Hey! It's ok, I was just joking. Now be a good boy and listen to your favorite aunt!" I try to calm him down. Shikadai stares at me for a few seconds then slowly smiles. I kiss his forehead and give him to Temari.

Just as we are about to leave I hear Shikadai say "Mom, Aunt Rei is beautiful!"

Grinning, I leave the door with Kankuoro beside me.

***

Gaara's P.O.V

"We need a heir from the Kazekage bloodline and there is no one except you or Kankuoro! This is an important matter!" one of the elders say.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Why don't you force Kankuoro to get married, He is older than me?"

"Because he refused. And you are the Kazekage! Do you want us to find a girl?" another man said. I can't explain the awkwardness of the moment. I'm not ready to get married and have kids.

"No! I already found one" I blurted out with no intention of telling them who it was. It's either get married to her or any random girl, and of course I'd prefer her but I don't know if she's ready.