12

Asdfghjkl

2 years later...

My butt hit the ground with a loud thud. The sounds of water droplets tapping the ground could be heard as it started raining cats and dogs. I looked at the dark cloudy sky and closed my eyes, enjoying the freshness of the unpolluted air. My face and body was wet within seconds. I got up and looked at my opponent.

Neji Hyuuga.

I was training with him. My taijutsu wasn't good enough so I decided to train with Neji. He is good, ignoring the fact that he is the most arrogant person alive who doesn't give a shit about anyone.

I run towards him and start hitting him. Punch, Kick, duck, dodge. Punch, kick, duck, dodge. Punch, Kick, duck, dodge. I kept repeating the words in my head and did as I said.

He stood there dodging my attacks easily. What he didn't know that I had a trick up my sleeve.

I bend my knees and with full power jumped up in the sky. As I fell towards Neji I put out my leg and smashed it on his left shoulder. I heard a crack and jumped back.

His face had shock written over it and he stared at me with wide eyes. I quickly punched him in the stomach. He was about to punch my cheek but I jerked my head back and smashed my forehead against his nose.

I backed away to have a quick look in him. He was a mess. I started laughing.

In a matter of seconds I was pinned to the ground with him on top of me. He was furious.

I stopped laughing and looked at him "Okay okay! I lose now get away from me!" I shouted.

He smirked and got off of me. "You broke my shoulder. Thanks a lot." He huffed holding his shoulder with his right hand.

"I'm sorry Neji. But at least I did good today" I said happily. He sighed, closed his eyes then walked away. Leaving me alone in the rain. Maybe he was heading towards the hospital.

I walked back home smiling.

It's been a great 2 and a half years. I made a lot of new friends. I went on awesome missions. Ooh! And the best part, I became jonin!

Just a few days ago I got the news that Gaara has become kazekage and I knew it was time to go back. I missed Suna so much even though I have no one there. But what can I do? It's my home. The place where I was born. The place where I grew up. The place where my parents were killed.

I yawned. Neji likes to train early so I had to get up at like 5:00 in the morning. Seriously?

It had stopped raining and I looked up at the sky to see that the dark clouds are moving away replaced with a bright yellow light. The sun was peeking out from the corner and I could see a rainbow forming. The fresh air filled my nostrils and I sighed in content.

This is what I would miss the most about Konoha.

My gray hair is even longer now, reaching till my butt. I've grown in height too. I'm now 5'6 and my body finally has some curves. Okay, I know I'm not the type to say that stuff but I think staying with Sakura and Ino gave me a bad influence :'D

As soon as I reach my apartment, I take a bath and change into some fresh clothes. I lay down in bed and think about ... things.

I can't believe Gaara became kazekage. I hope he likes the surprise of me suddenly appearing in Suna. I haven't met him since he came for a mission here which was about a year ago. He really didn't react or show any emotion. I guess that's how his face looks.

I just became sixteen a few days ago and had an amazing day. I never thought I could make so many friends. The gang is so nice. All of them care about me and are loyal.

Coming to konoha was probably the best decision I made in my life. I'm much stronger now and I can feel it.

I drift off to a dreamless sleep.

***

Never in a million years did I think that I would be happy to see sand. The familiar hot weather felt so good and as I made a dash for the gates of Suna. I could see a small passageway through the two small mountains. I took off my Konoha headband and wore the one with Suna's sign on it.

I greeted the guards and they instantly recognized me. They smiled and waved as I ran through the gates. Wow! So these guys can smile. Never thought they'd be happy to see me again.

When I enter the village I look around to see it's still the same except a few things have changed. People are roaming around talking happily.

I walk towards the kage mansion. As I am about to open the door I hear a loud scream ... no squeal. I turn around to see an excited Temari running towards me. She grabs me and hugs me tightly. Ooookay ... this has never happened before. Is temari drunk or something?

"Rei, your back! Aaah! I can't wait to tell Gaara! Do you know he became Kazekage? Oh my god! I haven't see you in years. I seriousl needed a girl friend but you just disappeared ..." she kept rambling on and on.

I chuckled and pushed her away. "Temari calm down! You've never acted this way before ... what happened while I was away?"

She laughed but then suddenly became serious. "I guess I just realized my mistake."

What does that mean?

"Anyway, aren't you gonna meet everyone?" she changed the topic before I asked.

"uh! I'm heading to meet Gaara ... I'll meet everyone later" I smiled and headed to the Kazekage's office.

She said 'okay' then disappeared.

I knocked on the door.

"come in" A deep and husky voice said.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I looked at the desk in the middle and there he sat. Sabuko no Gaara. He was reading some paper work.

He had changed.

I could see he had changed his style of clothes. His red hair was a bit shaggier and his face looked more mature. His body more muscular. Beside him sat his huge sand gourd. His sky blue eyes showed no emotion.He looked ... more handsome!

He turned towards me and looked at me the first time in 13 months. He looked flabbergasted.

His eyes changed from shock to surprise to happiness to a neutral face.

"R-rei!" The words flew out of his mouth.

I smiled "Hello Kazekage! Long time no see?"