Nightmares & Fights

"It's late." Calum said sternly as he sat on the couch, he had been waiting for you to come home. "Sorry babe. My Boss needed me to finish a presentation that was needed the next morning." I said, kicking off my heels.
"Is that really why you're home so late?"

"What other reason would there be?" I said, laughing softly as i took a drink from the fridge. Finishing it's contents before throwing away the can.

"I've been on twitter recently and there ar-" "Calum!" Your voice came out loud. But you wanted it to. You were furious.

"I thought you trusted me." You said frowning.
"I do babe, just that the articles are so re-" "Realistic? You really think i'd do that to you?"
"Well, you've been so distant lately so i don't know!" He said, raising his voice.

You hated it when he did. He knew that you did. Because of your past with an abusive Mother.

Tears filled your eyes just like Calum's.
"I'm sleeping on the couch." You said.
"No. Sleep on the bed with me." He said, his voice failing him. "No." You said before you took a spare blanket and a pillow from the shelf.

"Bab-" "No. We'll talk in the morning." You said, crawling under the covers.

After awhile, Calum left, his footsteps fading.
You let your emotions takeover and tears streamed down your face.