Chapter One - Forces

Silk’s POV

I felt the force of the bag hitting my gloves race through my bones again.

One. Two

One. Two

The repetition of my combinations was tiring, when two words crept into my mind that unleashed a tsunami of determination.

Hell Fire

I had sacrificed my entire life to make it here, countless hours spent in the gym, thousands of dollars in law suits and never ending persuasion on my part to be part of the three week, once in a lifetime boxing experience known as Hell Fire. I had finally clawed my way onto the Silver team, even though I was officially ranked a Platinum fighter.

One. Two

One. Two. THREE

The anger took over as I changed my combination. Fighting gave me a huge release for the anger and disappointment that was often handed my way. I wouldn’t be standing in some half-rate gym trying to climb my way into a completion if I would have been born with a Y chromosome. Current National Boxing Association protocol dictates that girls cannot fight in a Hell Fire competition. But with my determination and a sprinkling of legal action, that was changed – on the condition that I fight in a division two ranks below my official placement.

I stepped backed when I heard the whistle of Kol, who was the closest thing to family I had. Sweat poured into my eyes and I picked up a towel, and tried to recover my breathing.

“Wow Silk, some deadly combos. Those hell fire boys aren’t gonna know what hit them” he said smiling.

“That would be the plan, now step back before I tape you to the bag” I spit with annoyance.

Its way too close to Hell Fire for distraction, and Kol knows exactly how to work me up.  I returned to the bag and begun my combinations, sighing when I realised Kol still hadn’t left.  I threw off my gloves and they hit Kol with a satisfying thud, before I stormed over to the weights.

“C’mon Silk, just one night off won’t kill you” he said sweetly, while smirking and drying the sweat of the bag.

“Yes, but it might kill you if you are the reason I don’t do well at Hell Fire” I snapped back, angry that Kol would even think of suggesting that I take the night off.

 _______________________________________________________________

Kaden’s POV

“Man, you are totally gonna ace at Hell Fire this year” my best friend Hunter said, as we sat watching playing PS3

“I know, I was totally robbed last year, nothing with hold back the Hammer” I replied, before I lost and walked to the kitchen, where my phone had just vibrated.

Coach: Kaden, you better be getting some rest tonight, I noticed you blew off working out again. You can’t expect to go well at Hell Fire without training. I’m sure every other silver division competitor is training their ass off. See you at 5am sharp outside the gym with your bags. Good night

I laughed it off, I got into Hell Fire easy, sure I was only Silver Division, but that was because I didn’t even put in an official application or showed up to rankings. My dad does all the work for my career, and I just get in the ring and fight, it’s that simple.

I picked up my Mac Book Air off the counter and saw a notification for a new email.

MITCHELLS, KADEN: HELLFIRE PARTNER PROFILE