Chapter Six - Focus

Silk’s POV

I was awake before the alarm this morning, and I rushed to get ready, as I was excited for a day of training.

I walk out to the hallway to see Kaden ready to leave and he turns to look and me and turns green, and a look of guilt washes over his features.

“What?” I am totally confused, and he shakes his head and walks towards me, enveloping me in his arms.

“I am so, so sorry Silk”

Excuse me? What the hell is this about?

He pulls away from the hug and trails his finger over my collar bone, tracing the bruises that he left across my décolletage. He frowned and I looked at him, before doubling over with laughter.

Now it was Kaden’s turn to be confused.

“You are seriously worried about those itty, bitty bruises K? I get worse bruises from tripping over”

He still looks guilty, although slightly relieved.

“K, goddamn it, you know I hate it when you think you have to treat me differently because I am a freaking girl. Get the hell over it K, because whether you like it or not, we are going to be sparring together, and I am going to continue beating the shit out of you if you are acting like a pussy”

After finishing my rant, I unlock the dorm door and head for the gym, eager to start my workout.

To my surprise, Harry is already at the gym, looking over his clipboard.

He smiled as I entered and began my work out by jumping rope.

After my usual 200 reps, Kaden enters the gym and heads straight to the bag, no warm up as per usual.

I roll my eyes and head to the weights, bench pressing my usual amount and slowly being dragged into hypnotic rhythm of the movement of the weight.

I am broken out of my trance by Harry calling my name and I place the weight back on the stand and walk over to where he and Kaden are standing.

“Alright, nice work both of you. The rest of the day is yours”

“What?” I blurt out

Harry looks at me curiously and shakes his head.

“I said, the rest of the day is yours”

“I heard you Harry, but with round one coming up, surely we need all the training time we can get?”

Harry was about to reply, but Kaden cut in.