Chapter Fifteen - Chance

Silk’s POV

After my fight, I was still hurting from pushing Kaden, and I ran straight to my car, and I tore out of the parking lot.

I ended up going to a diner, but I wanted to go for a jog after, and I turned off the main road.

This is how I ended up being chased down an abandoned alleyway, at night, in a small town miles from home.

I felt two strong hands push me against the rough brick wall, and as a reflex I swing my fists, but to my surprise they are held at my side.

I thrash my legs in protest, my only achievement from this is knocking over several garbage cans.

There are about seven men surrounding me, and my hopes of fighting back are slowly sinking as I feel the blood dribbling from my head.

They are all masked, and one of the mean, who I suppose is the leader, steps forward and removes his mask.

“Silk Andreas, I am surprised that you don’t have us on the mat, or is not fighting back part of your strategy” He snarls, and the sarcasm is dripping from his words.

I try to snap back, but my mouth is covered, and every part of my body is restrained.

Something connects in my mind, and I realise that this man is very familiar.

The blood loss from my hair is drastically affecting my thinking and co-ordination.

I begin to slip from consciousness, and the nasty snarl on that man’s face is etched into the back of my mind.

_______________________________________________________________

Kaden’s POV

I feel a rush of adrenaline and fear through my body, simultaneously pushing me down the alleyway, and urging me away from it.

There was a battle inside my body, yet I was still sprinting down the alleyway, so the more irrational side was winning.

I could hear the loud crashes and groans getting louder, and the devilish laugh I heard sent shivers down my spine.

My heart stopped beating when I saw who was being victimised.

Silk.

Fury took the place of fear and I grab an abandoned crow bar and knock out three of the men.

This alerts the rest, who are shocked to see someone messing with their plans. I manage to sedate all of the men, except for the one without a mask, the one with his hands on my Silk.

A glint of metal flashes in the dim streetlight, and I realise he is holding a pocket knife, rather shakily I will admit. He obviously isn’t a fighter, and the Rolex strapped to his wrist further proves my point.

I give him a heavy-handed hit to the back of the skull and its lights out for the rich guy.

All my attention is then invested into Silk, who has been released from the clutch of that bastard.

She is unconscious, and I take her face in my hands, examining the rest of her body, which doesn’t appear to have too much damage, except for the large gash to the back of her head.

I quickly pull her into my harms, and run back to the hotel, holding onto her life my life depended on it.

I laid her down in the back of the car, and jumped in the driver’s seat, not wasting time as I pushed the pedal to the floor.

Silk would kill me if I took her to a hospital; this could jeopardise her chance at Hell Fire, so I eventually decide to take her back to our dorm for the night, and we will see what happens in the morning.