Chapter Twelve - Trust

Kaden's POV

I held Silk close to me, her gentle tears slowly coming to an end.

She pulled out of my embrace and sat on a log staring out at the moon's reflection on the lake.

"I am sorry I broke down like that. I'd be lying if I said I don't know what came over me. I was thinking about how perfect it was to have somewhere to share with you, when I remembered the last time this has happened"

She looks down at the dirt covered ground, another tear falling down her cheek.

I lifted her chin up gently, and wiped the tear away. She cleared her throat before continuing.

"I used to be just like you K, except a lot more into boxing. I loved heading to the gym, mainly because it was the only time I could spend just with my father. We planned to take on the boxing world together, just like we are now."

Her tears were falling more consistently now, and I wrapped my arms around her again, and she wiped her tears away.

"One day, my dad came racing into the gym, holding an envelope and he was bursting with excitement. It was an invitation to my first national title fight."

She trailed off and wiped all her tears away, pulling away from me briskly and tearing down the gravel path that lead us here.

I decided for now it was best to let her go.

_______________________________________________________________

Silk's POV

I am completely torn inside.

One part of me thinks that trusting Kaden with my past will help us move forward, but there is a large part of me that is screaming for me to protect myself, and trust no one, because when it all boils down, we only really have ourselves.

I head back to the dorm, grab a bag for the night and run towards the parking lot.

I slip the key into the car and turn it to ignition, not wasting any time.

I tear down the highway, as fast as I can.

Away from Hell Fire

Away from Kaden.

Away from facing my past.

I decide to check into a hotel for the night, and I come across a decent hotel, that appears to be family owned.

There is a young guy, about my age on the reception desk, and considering how late it is at night, and my appearance, I definitely shock him.

"Erm, hi can I help you?" He looks rather unsure of the situation, and bites his lower lip.

"I just need a room for the night" I speak softly, my normal confidence gone.

"Look, we are booked out for the night, there's a big boxing tournament nearby, and there are heaps of families and stuff staying here"

"Shit" I don't know what to do now, Hell Fire isn't exactly located in the city, and there isn't really anywhere else to go.

"Erm, I don't mean to be forward, but is there anywhere else for you to go tonight"

"No, not really"

"Oh, what was your name?"

"Silk" He raises his eyebrows and I have to restrain myself not to roll my eyes

"That's a nice name; Silk would you like to stay in the employee's lodge here?"

"Uh, are you sure that's alright?"