Chapter Seventeen - Boy Scouts

Silk’s POV

After my big reveal, so to speak, Kaden had been very quiet.

We sat there staring up at the moonlight.

“Want to do something fun Silk?” The sudden speech startling me.

“What would your idea of fun be K?” He didn’t answer me, and started pulling off his shirt, revealing a perfectly sculpted torso, perfected through years training in the gym.

He continued to strip, stopping when he was left in his boxers, before running in the lake and diving under the still surface of the water.

My eyes widened in shock at his impulsive actions and he emerged from the water, flicking his hair and offering me a toothy smile.

“Care to join me Silk?” The devilish smile is still spread across his face, and I am losing the battle with my more irrational side.

I start to pull off my sweat pants and tank top, and when Kaden is turned around, I run and jump onto his back.

“Knew you couldn’t resist Silk” He then dives under the water, before jumping up behind me, and pushing me into the water.

“Kaden Mitchells, you are dead”

I chased him around the shallow part of the lake, until we both gave up, laughing and floating on the surface of the water.

We were both silent, staring up at the constellations in the sky.

We remained there, floating on our backs, until Kaden realised my teeth were chattering.

“It probably time to head back Silk” I simply nodded, the chattering of my teeth taking over my ability to talk.

He took my hand and led me out of the water, placing his sweat shirt of my head, and helping my arms through it. He pulled his own sweat pants back on, tying the drawstring loosely before helping me into my own sweatpants.

The water glistened on his bare torso under the moonlight, and I felt guilty for taking his sweatshirt, but I wasn’t going to give it back anytime soon.

Every part of my body was shaking in the cold, and after stumbling over the forest floor a few times, Kaden scooped me up in his arms, continuing the journey back to our dorm.

It amazed me how warm he was, the heat from his bare chest transferring to my body was helping me regain a normal body temperature.

We finally made our way back to the dorm, and he sat me on the stool in the bathroom, and he started to fill the bath, adding bath salts and bubble bath.

Once the bath was full, he gave me once last look and walked back to his room, closing the bathroom door on the way out.