Chapter Thirty - Burn

Silk’s POV

The night had been surprisingly pleasant after the fiasco that Hunter and I caused.

Kol, Kaden, Harry and I had an amazing night, and we felt like a real family.

It easy to forget that Harry is your trainer when we are all having a great time, and enjoying each other’s company. It turns out Harry is much more of a comedian than we thought.

It is currently 10:31 on Saturday, and the countdown is on til my fight tonight.

Kaden and I have up since 4am, and now it’s time for the roles to be reversed between us. Now I’m the one fighting, and he is doing a hell of a job training me.

Everything inside me burns, but Kaden manages to make me turn that burn of pain into a burn of determination.

He currently has be doing 100 sit ups, and is yelling criticism and praise as he stands on my feet.

“98…99…100. Well done Silk, lets head to the bags” Kaden gives me a hand to get up, and he straps my hands more me and puts my gloves on.

He is a lot more considerate than I was on the day of his fight.

After working on my combinations for over an hour, my fists are on fire.

“Let’s take a break?” Its almost twelve, so I wipe the sweat off my body and sit down on the gym floor.

Harry chooses the perfect moment to walk into the gym, with a big dimpled smile on his face.

“Morning kids” Harry hands us lunch, and I am surprised at his generosity.

“Why are you so happy Styles, I can practically see the rainbow coming out of your ass” Kaden gives a confused look to Harry.

“Today’s an exciting day, and I have good news”

“Go on” Kaden tries to butt in, although I cut him off.

“Your competitor tonight is hiding an injury from Hell Fire Officials. Its not severe, but if we play our cards right when can use it to your advantage. He has a bad knee, so he will be trying to remain stationary. Silk, you are obviously quite fast and have a lot of stamina, so I need lots of movement tonight”

This sounds promising, but I can’t let anything distract my focus. My mind is consumed with thoughts of winwinwin.

“This is good for Silk, not only is this her style, she’ll be able to avoid hits”

“Aww, is lover boy concerned?” Kaden blushes, and opens his mouth to object, but I beat him to it.

“FOCUS, I don’t have time for your shit Harry” Harry nods and throws his hands up in mock surrender.

“Well, I don’t need you burning out by 3pm, so I want both of you to take the afternoon off, and be back here at 4pm.” Kaden picks up my bag and we make our way out of the gym.

We walk in silence until we get back to the dorm, where I head straight into the shower.

After my shower, I find Kaden on the phone in the living room.

“Yeah, I know. Yes, I can only ask. I know, I get it. Bye, love you too”

He hangs up and turns to face me.

“Want to go out for lunch with the family? It’s kind of a tradition”

Its been so long since I’ve been part of a family tradition, and I don’t know whether this will bring me heartache or joy.