Chapter Thirty One - Champion

Please read the author's note at the bottom :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaden's POV

Sweat poured down her face.

Fatigue had etched itself into her body.

Torment from the crowd stung her skin.

It seems life was doing all it could to push Silk to the ground tonight, but one thing not many people counted on was the sheer determination and fire that coursed through her veins.

Anything could happen to Silk, anything at all, and she would still get up and keep fighting.

She is a champion.

I see the thoughts connecting in her head, and she tries to remain mobile as possible. No matter how bad she looks and feels, her opponent is so much worse.

"You've got this Silk" I call out.

Everything feels like slow motion, as if I was in one of those cheesy and dramatic sport movies where everyone thinks the main character will lose but they pull off an amazing win.

She pulls her fist up and I see the muscles in her body building up power for impact, and she lunges forward and hits her opponent square in the face.

He immediately falls to the ground, he had been grasping at consciousness for the last few minutes but it was all over now.

Just as one person in the ring saw their Hell Fire title fade away, the other saw theirs right in their grasp.

I couldn't be happier as I raced over to the ring and jumped through the ropes.

I pulled a very sweaty Silk into my arms before putting her on my shoulders.

She raised her hands up in the air, like the champion she truly was.

I watched as she stood beside the official, waiting to be announced as the official winner.

I screamed and hollered as the official took her hand in his own, and pulled it into the air.

She had done it, this was her moment.

____________________________________________________________

Silk's POV

I couldn't believe it, after all the agony, hours spent in the gym, law suits and difficulties the title of Hell Fire champion was mine.

I ran to the locker rooms for a hasty shower, and just as I finished getting changed I felt two hands covering my eyes.

"Guess who" I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

I pull the hands off my face, and turn around to see Kaden grinning like a madman.

"I am so proud of you Silk! You killed it out there!" He pulled me into a tight hug and lifted me off the ground.

"That was one of the most incredible fights I have ever seen" The joy and happiness is written all over his face, and I boost my already incredibly ecstatic mood.

"Do you know what I have to do now?" His smile drops a little, and I brace for the worst.

"There is some presentation to mark the end of Hell Fire, but Harry said he'd take our awards if we wanted to celebrate together"

That wasn't as bad as I had thought.

"Screw dressing up, lets fly" I grab his hand and make my way back to our dorm, already trying to think of where we should go.