Chapter Ten - Together

Kaden's POV

Silk still hasn't spoken to me since she walked out.

I sighed as I stepped into the gym and I saw Silk beating the shit out of the bag.

"Hey Silk"

She was hypnotized by her combinations, so she didn't answer me.

At least, I hope she was.

Harry walks in as I pick up some weights and calls both of us over.

To my surprise, Silk jumps straight up and walks over to Harry.

"Nice fight yesterday, that goes for both of you. Silk, you definitely held back well and unleased a hell fire of fury"

He laughed at his own joke.

"See what I did there"

I wasn't in a mood to laugh, and Silk just glared at him for wasting time.

"Get on with it Harry" Silk's teeth were gritted.

"Uh, erm... well sorry. Great job as well Mitchells, you had that boy seeing stars. Now I heard that you two have a deal, and I guess you can spend an hour or two working on that"

"No. I will train alone Harry"

Harry smirks at her and nods

"Well, do what you like, I am leaving, I have some things to sort out. Silk, don't kill Mitchells while I am gone"

She growls and heads back over the bag, letting out a groan as she hits the bag with fury.

I sigh, and walk over to her.

"Look, Silk.. I didn't mean to bring up anything yesterday.... I am so sorry"

She doesn't turn around and I try to get her attention. She eventually faces me, rolls her eyes and hits the bag again.

I punch the wall in anger, the gyprock shattering under the force, dust coating my hand and chest.

I hear Silk gasp, and I know I have gone too far.

___________________________________________________________________

Silk's POV

I didn't know that I upset him that much, but he was the cause of the hurt I felt yesterday.

Seeing the giant hole that he left in the wall, I felt that I wanted to apologize.

I didn't want to send mixed signals though, I definitely don't want to be friends with Kaden, and apologizing will only make me look friendly. I know he wants to know my past, and I don't have the emotional energy to invest in him.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him. Now wasn't the time to start something, and I needed to keep my distance from Kaden Mitchells.

I turned away and continued punching the bag, trying my very hardest to ignore the distraught Kaden beside me.

I felt him slump down against the wall, and I glanced over to see him with his head in his hands.

I messed up one of my combinations, and I reminded myself that I couldn't let Kaden, or anyone take this away from me. The Hell Fire title was mine.

I regained the steady rhythm of my combinations and let myself fall into the hypnosis that the punching bag offered.

A while later, my hands were no longer numb, every punch rattled my bones.

I stepped away and noticed that Kaden was gone.

___________________________________________________________________