Negotiations and the Contract

"Terms and Conditions," I stared down at the thick contract. "Are you serious?" I let out a laugh. My life was about to be given away. It was going to be given away to my worst enemy.

           "I'm not signing this," I pushed it away. It was a stack of paper and not only that but I could see fine print. "This is ridiculous!" I turned to my parents.

          "Yes, terms and conditions. You will sign it." my mom pushed the pen towards me. "Our lawyers have looked through it and so have theirs, we settled on this."

          "I don't think so." I shrugged. "Not my problem, let Grandpa take their company" I didn't care. Alexander Ian would be broke and that made me smile. I couldn't help grinning at Alexander.

He scowled at me.

        "I'll take over it." I shrugged. "I graduate with another Business degree in a few months and I'm sure I can run the company."

My parents looked at each other. They were considering the thought.

        "I'll bail it out and fix the company." I mended. The door opened and my grandfather strolled in.

"So are we signing it?" he looked down at us. "Evangeline?"

       "Sir," I got to my feet. "What if I run the company and fix it? I graduate in a few months."

       "We have a business deal." Mr. Ian got to his feet. "You can't back out now Cameron."

       "I'm not backing out!" My grandfather answered abruptly. "Evangeline will marry Alexander." He placed a hand on my head and then on Alexanders'. "We will have a wedding."

       "Ugh," I turned to him. He had always been my favorite person. Now, I hated him. "You can't do that to me."

      "You will fix the company, Evangeline." My grandfather patted my face. "I owe this man a favor and now I'm returning it. We will fix his company but on my terms. You will be CEO of this company, I know you can fix it. You have a brilliant mind and you will work closely with Alexander."

I met Alexander's eyes and I gave him an evil look.

He wasn't protesting. I wondered what he had been given.

       "What are the terms and conditions?" I asked rather defeated. Mr. Ian placed a small bluish box with a white ribbon in front of me.

       "That is your engagement ring." Mr. Ian told me. "I had a good friend make it for you. It is one of a kind." I didn't touch the box instead I waited. It was incredible and unbelievable that there were lawyers present.

"Two years!" I hissed at all of them. "Two years the most. I will not be married for more than two or I swear to all of you I will release this story to every single tabloid about how you married your only daughter." I told my parents. "That isn't in the contract." I lifted my phone to them.

         "Can it be done in two years?"

        "Don't care if it can't." I interrupted Mr. Ian. I was getting annoyed and frustrated mostly because we weren't going to have lunch until the meeting was over. My stomach growled loudly. "Next," I hissed.

        "You will both maintain a monogamous relationship during the duration of Ms. Eva Cameron's position as CEO of Ian Holdings and Enterprises. Whomever breaks will invalidate the contract, and will be forced to give up their company." I couldn't help smirking at Alexander. He didn't look at me, he was busying glaring at the contract.