The Reconciliation

I checked into a hotel because I did not want to go back to my grandfather's house or see Alex. Things had to be sorted out and I could barely think. Part of me wanted to break down and cry because I was heartbroken. I clutched the elephant and did my best to not breakdown. I had to keep myself together.

My phone kept ringing and I threw it aside. I knew who it was-

I hailed down a cab and made my way to the office to get Roxanne's information.

"Mrs. Ian." The security guard smiled at me. I lifted my hand in response and made my way up to my computer. I wrote down her information and took a deep breath. I had to be rationale about this and figure out what the hell was going on. He said those pictures were old and taken around the time we had gotten engaged.

That didn't bother him. I hated him then but he had cheated and that pissed me off.

I made my way over to her house and was about to get out-

Mr. Ian's car was parked out front.

I smacked the steering wheel in anger. I should have known. They would have been on it together.

I dialed Alex's number. He was another person that I did not want to see but I had to.

"We need to talk." I told him before he could say a word. "I'm going over."

"Fine." he hung up on me. I made a face at the phone and headed home. Alex and I had a very long talk ahead of us.

When I arrived, he was seated on the couch. I had the envelope in my hand. I handed it to him so he could look at the pictures of me and him and those that belonged to Roxanne.

"I didn't take these." He muttered as he shifted through them. "I swear those pictures of me and you- I did not-"

"I know." I hadn't sat down instead I was staring down at him. "I saw your dad's car at Roxanne's house a few minutes ago. I was going to her house she could explain what the hell was going on."

"You cheated." I glared down at him. My eyes were threatening to water but I held my breath trying to push those feelings away.

"I did." He nodded, taking a deep breath. He glanced down at the pictures of Roxanne. "We took these pictures."

"Great." I snorted. At least he wasn't lying to my face. "You know you are at least a honest back-stabbing asshole unlike your father."

"I am being honest with you." He tossed the pictures on the table, and he got to his feet. "I am admitting that I messed up."

I snapped my teeth in his direction.

"I am sorry, Eva." He didn't reach for me, which was a good thing because I would have punched him in the face. "I really am."

"Alex, I know that we didn't get along in the beginning. I get that-but you cheated on me. It hurts now because we went through so much the last couple of months. I" my throat closed up, trying to not think. "I guess or well I hoped that you would have been honest with me and told me about this crap now that we or we had something between us." I wanted to burn those pictures.

"Eva, it was a stupid mistake and I'm not lying about it. We got drunk that night, and we had sex."

"When was it?" I crossed my arms across my chest. It mostly irritated me that it was with her. I couldn't stand her since she had been after him.

"That winter before we got married." He replied in a small voice. His eyes hadn't left my face. "I was fucking pissed that I was getting married to you."

"I went out and used a paintball gun." I wasn't trying to be funny but I couldn't help it. "And I may have drank a couple of bottles by myself but I didn't cheat. Why her?" I grumbled, at the gross pictures.

"I don't know. She was available." He shrugged.

"It doesn't help that you were basically doing to her what you have been doing to me."

"If it makes you feel better, sex is better with you." He reached for my hand, and I didn't pull away. "I love you, Eva. I was stupid and I swear to you- I have not cheated at all." I tore my hand from his hold.

"We hated each other, Alex. I'm trying to get it through my head that we used to hate each other and we didn't tolerate each other but when things get bad between us, how will I know you won't run to some girl?"

"Things did get bad between us, Eva." He pointed out. My throat closed up and I had to look away from his green eyes. "I didn't go anywhere. She came onto me, months ago after losing Taylor." We had decided on a gender-neutral baby name when we had buried the fetus. "Eva, I didn't touch her and I couldn't because I saw your face and the babies face. I regret having slept with her and I wish you'd never seen those pictures." He suddenly pulled me into his arms. "I wish I hadn't caused this pain to you and had taken better care of you." Tears spilled down my face. "I shouldn't have let you go to work that day. I'm sorry-"

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I sobbed. "I've realized that it wasn't the right time but you cheated. Your dad is an asshole who is set on having someone lose including you."

"I know." Alex rubbed my back. "Take the company." He whispered in my ear.

"What?" I stepped away from him. Alex looked dead serious as I searched his eyes.

"Take the company and keep it. We signed a document and I failed to uphold it. My dad has done enough damage to it- you fixed it. It belongs to you." He lifted my face slightly. "I used to adore the company just like my mom did but I failed you."

"You did." I replied, bluntly. His lips twitched.

"Eva, I'm sorry." He took my hands, and rubbed them. "I am truly sorry. I really do love you, Eva." He was being serious. "I am in love with you like a complete fool. Believe me, please?" He sounded sincere. I searched his eyes and took a deep breath. I loved him too, and as much as I hated that he cheated with Roxanne. It had been during a time when we were barely speaking to each other. We hadn't even looked at each other let alone said a single word.

"I do."