The Coffee Delivery Boy

"Here is your coffee." Alexander put down a cup on my desk. I had asked him to get me some coffee in front of others. He just couldn't deny that request. "I hate you."

        "It's okay, I hate you more." I shrugged, taking a sip. "Alright so I think we should review some contracts."

        "We need them from the different departments." Alexander sat down across from me. He leaned into his seat and closed his eyes.

         "Okay, well let me send out that email that I told everybody I would send." I muttered to myself. I quickly put a draft together and made Alexander edit it.

         "Anything else we can do today?" I asked him as soon as I set out the email.

         "Why are you working on your first day?" Alexander groaned. He was laying down across the room from me on the leather couch.

I sighed heavily. I had the urge to throw something heavy at him.

          "Alexander go do something, please. You are annoying me. "

He opened one eye, "No, I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when it is lunch time." he turned over on his side. I sat in disbelief, glaring at him. I got up from my desk and quietly I made my way across my office. I leaned up on my toes and jumped on him.

           "Alexander I will fire you." I threatened him, digging my knees into his side. My arms were stretched out on either side of his head. I was trying to keep myself from falling onto him. His eyes met mine-

           "Do it and I'll claim unemployment." He huffed in my face not even wincing. He grasped my hips in his hands and lifted me up easily. I didn't have time to be surprised because he pushed me off of him. I landed on my back.

           "Go find some reports for me since I don't have secretary." I ordered trying to get him to do some work.

            "Yes, Yolanda works in the Finance Department. I'll be back" he jumped up, he smiled down at me. He jumped over me and walked out.

           "Thank god, get out and leave me alone." I got up from the ground and went back to my desk. I called IT to bring me a computer and security to set up pass-codes and badges for me. There wasn't much I could do on the first day so I went to look around at the various departments. Nobody paid much attention to me. Everybody was busy to be working or well pretending to work in front of me. I used to do the same thing when I worked at my grandfathers company.

I walked around the different floors trying to meet each Manager but many were in meetings trying to get together the reports I had requested. I went back to my office to find Alexander sitting in my chair talking to Yolanda who was leaning against my desk.

           "Hey, honey." I made a face at Yolanda behind her back. Alexander smirked at me. "Are we having lunch together?"

            "Actually, I was just about to invite him for lunch," Yolanda turned to me. I noticed the top buttons of her shirt were open. One of my eyebrows arched in response. Alexander's lips twitched.

              "Well Alexander and I have lots of work to do." I answered slowly annoyed that she was leaning against my desk and that he was in my chair. "So if you don't mind getting that acquisition report, Yolanda." I tilted my head at her with the sweetest yet fakest smile I could muster.

            "Right," Yolanda leaned up from my desk. She reached for Alexander, placing her fingers on his shoulder.

             "And sweetheart, could you get me another cup of coffee?" I told Alexander who glowered at me. "And lunch? I think I would like some sushi so if you could bring some. Thanks you are so sweet, dear husband." I met him dead in the eyes.