The Honeymoon

"Nice." Alexander replied as he looked around the hotel room. I silently agreed with him. It was a gorgeous hotel room.

         "I'm taking the bed." I told him before he beat me to it. Of course, my family would get us a one-bed hotel room. The hotel room was big and spacious. There were also rose petals leading up to the bed. I brushed them off and put my suitcase on the bed.

         "I'll take the couch." Alexander responded. He flicked off some rose petals from the couch. "Jeesh, how many roses did they kill?"

         "I know, right?" I called room service and told them to clean up the room. " I am going to clean up and go to dinner." I replied not glancing at him.

        "I'm going to order something and I'm going to eat up here." He told me as I disappeared into the bathroom for a much needed bath. When I got out, the room was cleaned up. Alexander was waiting on me so he could shower.

I went downstairs to find a restaurant where I could eat. I settled on a coffee-shop, and I ordered a burger and fries. When I got back the room, Alexander was gone.

It didn't surprise me he had gone out. I settled into bed and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Alexander right next to me. His mouth was wide open and there was drool on his chin.

       "Excuse you," I pushed him off the bed. "My bed." I got on my knees and watched him get up. His eyes were bloodshot, and he smelled like alcohol. He was swaying slightly.

        "Are you drunk?" I asked him, annoyed. He waved his hand and tried to crawl back into bed.

       "Go to your couch." I wrinkled my nose at him. I pushed him off the bed again but this time he didn't get up. I heard some snoring and he was out.

I room a deep breath and calmly got up. I would not get angry or let him ruin my day. I was set on enjoying my time in Europe. We were going to stay in the United Kingdom for three weeks, and then head to Madrid for three weeks and finally spend time in Paris before staying in Berlin. I got ready and left. There were so many things to do and only three months.

I had gone to see a museum. The tour had taken most of the day. When I got back to the hotel room, Alexander was getting ready.

        "Get ready we are going out." He told me. One of my eyebrows went up. "Will you please go out with me tonight?" He asked with an ever so small smile.

         "Where to?" I asked interested in watching him get ready. He was putting on his cufflinks.

        "Club," He answered not looking at me. He was busy watching himself in the mirror. "Last night people were asking me where you were?"

        "News spreads fast." I grumbled at him. His eyes flickered to me. "Alexander, I like to stay home and watch tv." He turned to me and rolled his eyes.

       "Don't give me that. I saw you that night with that friend of yours. You know how to have fun. Get ready, wear something nice. I'll order some dinner for both of us." I pursed my lips together. He would have to try harder to convince me. "Fine, I got us tickets for tomorrow's showing of that lame show you like." He pulled out two tickets. I snatched them out of his hand with a joyous yelp.

        "They have been sold out for months." I looked them over. The tickets were real, and they were good seats.

       "I know people," He winked at me. "So go out with me and -"

         "Yes, I'll be ready fast." I told him putting the tickets away. I was thrilled that I was going to get to see the play. It had been something I had been wanting to do.