Chapter 20: A New Part Of My Life

Sakura stretched her arms and yawned "Where are blondie, pretty-boy, and that matcha colored girl?" Tazuna asked. "Training." She said bored-ly. "Then why aren't you with them?" Sakura smirked. "I surpassed them. Kakashi-Sensei told me to stay here and protect you." She said as though she was the strongest ninja yo ever live. "Really...?" Tazuna asked not believing her. She stuck up her nose mad, "Tazuna... Can I talk to you?" A worker asked. "Hunh? What's wrong Giichi?" Giichi placed his hands on his hips. "I've been thinking it over... This bridge we're working on... I want off the job!" Tazuna dropped his wood plank. "WH-WHY?! Out of here like this... You, of all people!!"

I walked up and picked up the wood plank "Yea, why are you leaving? Also I don't prefer being called matcha." Tazuna and all the other workers jumped at my sudden arrival. "When did you get here??" I turned my head towards the man who was currently quitting his job. "That's not the important question right now. The question is why are you leaving? Giving up so easily?" The man looked at me and then Tazuna. "Tazuna we go back a long way. I want to help you, but we can't take this risk. Gato will take out a contract on us if we don't stop! And if you die, it won't just be this one project. We could all lose everything!" I step up and throw the wood plank down. "He will not die because I am here i will not allow this bridge to go unfinished even if it costs my life." Everyone looks at me shocked. " Please just give it up... The bridge isn't worth it." I growled and opened my mouth to respond but Tazuna interrupted me. "I can't do that. This bridge belongs to us all. It's everything we've been working toward, for our entire city. When it's finished it will bring trade and commerce and affluence to us, and put our poor, little land of waves on the map!" Giichi fought back. "BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT LIVES HERE YOUR LIFE!" Tazuna turned around and began walking away. "It's afternoon now already, isn't it? Let's call it a day. Giichi... You don't have to come back." I turned to give him a glare as sakura hopped off her little perch and walked behind him next to me.

-In The City-

A man passed us with a sign reading "WILL DO ANY JOB" people passed by us sounds of off track conversations and begging. "My daughter asked me to pick up somethings for our lunch on the way home so..." Sakura looked around at all the people in pity "What's wrong with this place?" she thought. "Here we are!" Tazuna said. Sakura and I looked down at the homeless, starving child sitting down "He's just a child.." She walked past him in sadness. We walked inside the store "Welcome!" We stared confused "This store has almost nothing in it!" Sakura and I shared a look and sighed.

A man in a trench coat and a hat walked past Sakura and looked at her up and down before reaching to grab her ass. I took a strong hold on his wrist "I think you not." Sakura turned around and kicked him hard making his nose bleed. "Get the fuck out." I growled throwing his bruised wrist. He scrambled out of the store and ran. "Hey Akuma, thanks for helping me. You looked pretty scary back there." She laughed. "Men are stupid." I smiled at her. "Truce?" She held out her hand. "Truce." I shook it. "But don't you think this'll make me give you sasuke-kun!" I rolled my eyes. "Just shut up." I laughed.

Tazuna grabbed the food "Hey matcha girl why are you buying those? You know I'm not paying for that right?" I rolled my eyes and placed it with the food to buy. "I know I'm buying it." I handed the cashier the money for all the food. "It's a thanks for letting us stay at your place." I grabbed the bag of food that I bought and walked out side.

I walked out and stared at the kid from before. I bent down and poked the child's arm. "Hey kid." He looked at me "What?" I handed him the bag. "Don't eat all of it a once." He looked in the bag and brighten. "Thank you miss!" He hugged me. "What's your name miss?" I smiled at him. "I am Akuma Kami. Who are you?" He smiled. "I'm Shiro! Shiro Mizu." I nodded. "It's nice to meet you." I stood up to leave. "Your leaving?" He looked up at me. "I have to." My smile faded. "Your the only person to ever be nice to me though... Your like a big sister." He grabbed the end of my shirt and began tearing up. "Shiro..." I picked him up. "How old are you?" He held up his fingers. "five huh? Well you know what?" I smiled. "What?"