Chapter 23

Shiro seemed to sleep even better than I did, I would expect no less after all... He was living on the streets less than eight hours ago. "How long were we asleep??" Sakura said in a frenzy, standing up with crazy bed hair. "I don't know.. Maybe like four hours?" I yawned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "I promised tsunami I'd go out with her to get things for dinner seeing we used a lot of ingredients for lunch." She said while changing into her usual ninja clothing. "Really? Can I go?" She nodded with her dress stuck, her head stuck in the wrong hole. I laughed and help her fix her shirt, "Shiro, sweetie we'll be back soon if you need anything go to kakashis or Sasuke's room okay?" He looked at me with one eye open laying flat on his stomach. "Okay we'll be back." I took off the button up and put on an oversized t-shirt and some shorts. Sakura and I got ready in a rush, I came out of the room stumbling around with Bobby pins in my mouth while trying to fix my messy bun. "What are you doing? You look like your in a rush?" I turned around and saw Naruto. "Ah yeah Sakura and I were going to go with tsunami to go get supplies for dinner and stuff." He walked behind me helping with my hair. "You'll need a man to protect you! I'll go too!" He puffed out his chest. I laughed "Whatever you say mr.body guard." He smiled and kissed my temple. "I'll go get ready too."

That's when I realized he was wearing only the bottom half of his jumpsuit and fishnet under armor. "Oh ahaha you do that!" I stumbled back into Sakura's and my shared room. "Naruto's going with us!" She nodded grabbing her bag as well as mine. "Here." She handed me my bag and we headed downstairs to where tsunami was reading a book. "You guys ready?" I nodded. "Oh yeah Naruto's coming too we should wait a few more minutes." She nodded.

We made some small talk about what to make for dinner until we heard the loud footsteps of Naruto. "Let's go dattebayo!"

We walked a short ways to the village market that was mainly empty. I looked at Naruto with a faint smile "I'm such a fucking loser super indecisive and stuff. I need to get my shit together. First it was me hating Sasuke and him forcefully kissing me to me liking him then him being my boyfriend and then breaking up with him and going out with Naruto.." I dazed off mentally arguing with myself. "You okay?" I looked up at Naruto who stared at me with a concerned look. "Yeah I'm fine why?" He shrugged. "Well first we stopped at the market and you kept walking so I had to run after you. Also you look real deep in thought." I smiled. "Yeah I'm ok just thinking. Let's go to the market." I began to walk back to Sakura and tsunami when someone grabbed my wrist. "Hm?" I turned to see Naruto with pink tinged cheeks. "W-Well I was wondering if we could spend some time together?" He looked away embarrassed. "Oh uh yeah sure.." I looked away as well with pink tinged cheeks. "Great!" He grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers.

"Mmm... Where do you want to go?" I asked while we walked down the slightly busy dirt path. "I was hoping I could take you and just go window shopping?" I smiled. "That sounds great! What about Sakura and tsunami?" I asked, he shrugged "They said to be back before dinner. Which is in like two hours or so?" I nodded and looked at the different pieces of clothing and jewelry.

"Ohh Naruto look at this one!" He bent down looking slightly over my shoulder. Seeing as though he had grown in the few weeks of being on the team. "That's pretty." I smiled, I turned it around to see the tag  and immediately set it back down. "Yeah let's go to the next one!" He nodded and let go of my hand. "Is something wrong?" He just smiled and shook his head. "Ah no I'll meet you there I have something to take care of real quickly." I shrugged. "Your missing out, but ok!" I skipped off to the next shop, a pet store... I might not be leaving for a few decades.

~Naruto's pov~

After Akuma skipped off to the pet store I turned around to pick back up the necklace she was looking at. "Are you that young lady's boyfriend?" The owner of the shop was an old woman. "Yes I am." She smiled and leaned over the counter. "She seems to really like that necklace, here I'll give you a deal, eh?" I pulled out my frog wallet. "I'm kind of low on money, what's your deal?" The woman smiled. "I'll make it half off eh?" I looked at her in surprise. "Woah really, dattebayo?!" She nodded. I looked down at the crystal clear diamond with a delicate white gold chain. "Deal?" She asked, I looked up back at her. "Yes ma'am!"

~many bad math skills later~

Well, I bought the necklace. It just was every single yen I had. "You must really love her." I smiled at the woman. "I think I do thanks dattebayo!" I put the necklace in a bag and into my pocket.

You could hear her squealing from down the market. "Pet store huh?" I opened the door and immediately blushed at how cute Akuma was right now.

"Hi Naruto!" She waved at me from the pin of puppies. "Are they cute?!" She squealed when one locked her face. "I'm in heaven!" I laughed at her as she went to pick up a kitten. "So small. So delicate. I'm gonna eat you upppp!!" She kissed the cats fur and grinned from ear to ear.

~Akumas pov~

"I think we should get going now." I sat up from my huge cuddle puddle of kittens. "What do you mean??" The kitten crawled all over me. "The suns beginning to set." I gasped. "I knew I shouldn't have walked in." I picked up a kitty and kissed it's soft head. "Bye bye." I stood up carefully and hopped over to Naruto. "Let's get going?" He nodded and grabbed my hand.

I blushed at this, I have to get used to these romantic gestures.

"I have a gift for you." He pulled out a small bag from his pocket. "Hm?" He handed my the bag. "Really?" He nodded, I unraveled the top of the bag before pulling out a small box, opening it. "What is thi-!" I gasped loudly, I looked at him in disbelief. "You really bought this?? Naruto it was so expensive!" I hugged him. "Naruto!! You're the best!!" He hugged me back. "I saw how you really liked that necklace and it just really fit you."  I smiled and leaned in the kiss him.

He broke away for air, "Let's hurry back hm?" I nodded. "Wait but... Can you put the necklace on me?" He nodded. "Yeah I can." I pulled my long hair away from my shoulder and smiled at the ground as he clasped the necklace together. "You're beautiful Akuma." He kissed my cheek and intertwined our hands heading down the road to Tazunas home.