Chapter Thirty-One - Liam

"Truth or dare."

I stare at Jimmy, no longer giving a crap about what's happening. My body is loose and relaxed, and my vision may be sloshy, but the view has never been so great. Jimmy, Libby, and I are all on the living room floor, Libby leaning against the foot of my recliner with her feet spread out for me to lie in her arms, and Jimmy holding his legs close to his stomach as he watches the two of us intently.

"Truth," I respond, too drunk out-of-my-mind to worry about his question.

There's no way I would be in this condition if Jere were upstairs - or anywhere in this house for that matter, but since he isn't and is rather staying at Debby and Bentley's for the weekend, I have given myself permission to be as irresponsible as I pleased.

A lazy smirk makes its home on Jimmy's lips and I don't hesitate to roll my eyes. "What's your favorite color?"

A long groan escapes me as I listen to Jim and Libby laugh. "Ha ha, very funny. I'm not as breakable as you guys think me out to be."

I faintly feel Libby's hand run through my hair, and to say that my only reaction to her touch was a shiver would be an understatement. "We just don't want you to say anything you may regret tomorrow."

"Hey now, I'm a pretty good drunk!" I try and point out, but their laughing interrupts me. Rude.

"Alright Liam," Jimmy says with a stupid smile, "when was the last time you were drunk?"

"Is that the question?" I ask, reaching down beside me for my Saint Arnold and taking a long swig. When I set the glass back down, Jimmy's head briefly becomes two before merging back to normal.

"Do you want it to be?"

"Well it's certainly better than 'what's your favorite color.'" Jimmy nods and I sigh, closing my eyes and trying to think back to the last time I drank like a teenager should. "The night I lost my virginity."

I can almost hear the fun, careless vibe in the apartment die at my words. I didn't think about how my answer could affect Libby - how it would make her feel towards me. She never knew I was drunk when I impregnated Rose. I don't think anyone knew.

Clearing my throat, I turn to look up at Libby who continues to hold me in her arms despite my punch to the gut. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," she murmurs, and although she responded, she seems far away. She's only drinking water.

"Go to the local pool with me." I've had this dare in store for what feels like ages, but has probably only been an hour or two. She looks down at me curiously, now slipped out of her daydream and completely lost in my words. "Trust me."

"But you'll drown," she remarks, glancing at my glass bottle on the floor beside me before returning gaze back to me.

I roll my eyes at her answer. "It's a five-foot-deep pool, not a bottomless ocean Lib."

I watch her contemplate, her gaze switching between me, the bottle, Jimmy, and back to me.

"Truth or dare?" she asks.

"Truth," I reply smoothly. I'm never smooth. I am drunk off my ass.

"What will we be doing at the local pool?"

A sly smirk that Jimmy would be proud of forms my lips. "Skinny-dipping, babe. Get your things- oh, wait. You don't need anything but me, myself, and I huh? How 'bout that! Let's go!"

I struggle to get up, but when I finally get into a sitting position Libby's hands are locked around my arms at once. "Liam, stop." I let out a small huff and turn around to face Libby. "Maybe some other time. Now is not... right."