Chapter Twenty-One - Liam

Chapter Twenty-One

Sometimes you wonder how in the world you get to the point in your life that you're living at that moment. Like, how did I get past my parents abandoning me? How did I get use to Jimmy's shit? How did I meet Libby the way I did?

How did we end up in this friggin' situation, with her in my lap in the back of the cab?

Well....

After listening to Here Comes The Sun on the vinyl, Libby and I took turns serenating each other with the songs. And then the perfect song came on when it was my turn: I Saw Her Standing There. It was like the song was written based on our past.

"Oh she was just seventeen," I sang, smiling at her with a capped Sharpie in my hand as a microphone. "If you know what I mean. And the way she looked was way beyond campare." When I looked at her and took her hand in mine, her cheeks turned a deep scarlet, and I reached our held hands up as she twirled. "When I saw her standing there."

She sang the second verse to me, and I laughed at how ridiculous how similar this song is to our lives. If only we were able to tell at least one of the Beatles about this, but the reality of it is a long shot.

When Bentley came back, Libby and I were slow dancing again, swaying so subtly one would've just thought we were only standing there hugging. Her head was lying on my chest, with my head resting on top of hers, kind of like we were lying down in a way. He must've been watching us for some time, because when he cleared his throat with a coy smile on his lips, he was already standing behind the main counter in the middle of the store.

"I assume y'all were having fun while I was gone," he said with a smirk on his face. Libby just laughed, backing away from me, but holding my hand in hers.

"You're such a mind-reader," she joked, making Bentley cackle.

When my day was over and Bentley locked up the store behind us, Libby was still holding my hand. I squeezed it, and she looked up at me with a grin. "What?" she asked, swaying our arms back and forth between us. We must've looked like a happy couple. I smiled at the thought, surprised by my reaction towards it.

"Just thinking..." I replied, constructing a plan based on my previous thought.

She hesitated, as if cautious about what in the world I was thinking. "About what?"

Looking down at her, I say cautiously, "I think..." I took a breather. "...we should have a real date."

After just a milisecond of her not speaking, nor reacting to my words made my heart drop to my stomach. But when that second is up, she rolled her lips inside her mouth, looked up at me with her glittering brown eyes, and did the exceptional: Nods.

"I can't believe you're doing this."

Not even processing what he's saying, I muttered, "Shut up and just help me." After not hearing a word from him, I looked over my shoulder and saw him leaning against my door frame with his arms crossed over his torso. Glaring at me. "Please."

This brought a wry smile to his face. "Fine." Shuffling his way into my room, he mumbled while he glanced around my room, "Weird as friggin' hell in here." Cocking an eyebrow at him, he explained. "Dude, there's CDs all over the place, and I have a freaking iPod speaker downstairs. What is up with you, man?"

Shrugging, I return to digging through my closet and throwing possibilities onto my bed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there, partner. What do you think you're doing?"

Stopping my trance, I glance behind my shoulder and answered, "Finding something to wear?"

"For Libby?" he asked, seeming surprised. I nodded slowly, and he almost cackled. "Why? She's so laidback, man, don't even worry about it."