Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed; like I was a new person. I opened my eyes and instantly felt inspired to do something good today. I jumped out of bed, woke Eliza, kissed mum on the cheek as to say good morning whilst she was making breakfast, washed my face, changed into my uniform and walked out to the kitchen, finding a plate of eggs and toast in front of me. "Breakfast," my mum grinned. I ate up and waited for Eliza to finish, before leaving the house to walk to the bus stop. 

Once I got to the bus stop I began making a playlist of songs that seemed 'inspiring' or 'happy'. As I walked on the bus, I plugged in my earphones and sat down, waiting for the day to begin. 

We arrived at school within 20 minutes; 5 earlier than normal- this was truly going to be a good day. I had 15 minutes before the bell rang to sign up. Hopefully they'll accept late entries. I walked to the club organiser's office and waited outside. I must've been daydreaming because all of a sudden I hear someone talk next to me, to me. "Hi Amelia!" I here 'him' chirp. 'Again?' I think, even though his presence doesn't really annoy me. I smile almost as if I wish he wasn't here (which is partially true as there is less of a chance of embarrassment) and lift my hand to a ninety degree angle as if to wave. He smiles again, gosh this guy was happy. 

"What are you doing here?" he continues. "Signing up for clubs." I say, pointing to the office. He moves down a seat to get closer to me- it makes me feel slightly uneasy or uncomfortable. "Yeah, I figured that- but which clubs?" I look up at him, a little surprised that someone who barely knows me is so intrigued by my life; or more so curious about it. "What difference does it make to you?" I ask, with a tad bit too much sass. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to offend you- I was just asking." H looks away, like he did the first time we 'met'. "Swimming." I say, a little too fast. He looks back at me, smiling. "...and Art and Music." I continue. His grin grows even wider. "Those sound like fun," he says, again- smiling. 

All of a sudden, the clubs coordinator comes out and gestures for him to come in the office. He bounces up and begins walking away. He smiles as if to say goodbye and as he walks in I find my self saying, "Wait.." He stops and looks at me as if to say 'What?'. "What are you doing?" I say. He smiles slightly, kind of mischievously. "The same as you." He walks in. I sit in my chair and think, 'What does he mean by that?' H epos his head around the corner and says, "Except for Art, I am terrible at drawing." He laughs a little and walks back into the room, closing the door. I sink into my chair as the information sinks in. I find myself smiling. For no particular reason, just, smiling. 

'This day is starting off pretty well,' I think to myself. 'I hope it stays this way.'