Chapter 2

Jane P.O.V

I look up to catch the mysterious stranger looking at me and I can't help but stare back. I feel such an odd pull towards pull towards him, I can't shake it.

I look back down at Carson to see him still doodling on his menu but I can still feel the eyes burning into the back of my head. I'm about to look up until Carson says he has to go potty, so off we go.

We come back from the bathroom and our food is on the table, I put Carson back into his seat and cut up his pancakes for him and add a little maple syrup. I quickly dive into my omelet, it's missing something though. Ketchup. It needs ketchup. Who puts ketchup on their omelets? This girl does.

We quickly finish up our food and I get the check. I pull out some cash and I give my waiter and the hostess a nice tip to thank them, while on the way out I grab a handful of mints for Carson and I to munch on at home. I scoop him up, plant him on my hip and out the door we go across the street and back home.

I put Carson down and he runs into the living room, plops himself on the floor and starts playimg with his toy dragons by screaming and throwing them around the room.

He better pick those up later.

A bubble of laughter escapes me, he's just too cute. I turn on the boob tube and lie on the couch. After ten minutes of channel surfing nothing catches my eye so I close my eys and listen to all Carson's playful screams.

 Just as I'm about to fall asleep I hear a knock at the door. It scares the pee out of me and I go tumbling to the floor in a heap. I quickly get up and run to answer the door.

With hair in my face I open the door to see four very attractive guys and remember them from the restaurant. 

Oh god, they're robbers.

I quickly wipe the hair out my face to say, "Will you excuse me for one second please?" Quickly the guy I felt the pull towards steps forward.

"What, not even a hello peaches?" he says. The way he says 'peaches' just makes my knees feel weak, all I felt like doing was melting at his feet. I snap myself out of it and quickly respond so he wouldn't know I was thinking about him...

"Fuck no... Now if you'll excuse me for one moment ass hat" I slam the door, lock it and run into the living room to grab Carson.

I tell him to go upstairs into his room, lock his door and hide his closet. And if he hears someone outside his door to crawl into the secret layer my dad built for him. A piece of the wall comes out like a door and you crawl into it and inside is a massive room with a big pirate ship and a ball pit. My dad definitely spoiled him.

Carson quickly does what I say and I wait until I hear his lock click until I open the door again.

I open the door and find four very bored guys standing there waiting for me. The 'ring leader' seeming annoyed.

"How may I be of service to you sir?... Er...sirs?" I ask.

"Well you see, I would like you to come with me, and your son can come too...I guess" the 'ring leader' spat out.

''Hold the phone, Carson is not my son, he's my younger brother."

"What a douche" I accidentally blurt out.

Oopsies. I flick my eyes up to his and see them switch from the cool ice blue they use to be to now a pitch black. I step back and he steps forward, so not gonna happen. I glance back at my kitche, then him and back and forth again. If I move quick enough I can get to the kitchen, I just need a distraction. So I go for the direct approach, I go for a punch to the jaw, I aim and hit but he doesn't even flinch. I pull my crumpled hand to my chest.