Chapter 7

Jane's P.O.V.

This kiss is so amazing I wish I could stay like this forever.

Unfortunately he pulls away and I slowly open my eyes to be greeted with his golden orbs.

I close my eyes, take a deep breath and stand up only to lose my footing and land on top of him with oomph.

Another round of laughter sounds through the kitchen; this is just too much fun!

Let’s try this again. Instead of just trying to stand up I put my hands on the island and hoist myself up, my muscles still groaning in protest.

Next step, one foot in front of the other. Once I’m up and over Caine it is his turn,

He tries without the counter and actually stands, even when he is drenched and ungraceful with his movements he is still as attractive as ever.

I scoot myself across the floor and to the other side of the island to sit down in my chair, I am proclaiming this seat as mine.

“Caine this seat is mine!” I yell as I look up at Caine only to see him panting and slipping all over the place.

A bubble of laughter escapes my lips, if only you could see him. His legs are stretched out and his arms are spread out like wings ready to take flight. And if that isn’t funny enough; his hair is clinging to his face, eyes and the back of his head hair is sticking up.

I can’t do this I have to look away, but as I turn my head to the right, next to me is a plate filled with extra slices of French toast. Too bad the plate is filled with water and the slices are all soggy, but I know exactly what I’m going to do with these. I pick up a slice in between my fingers and it flops around like a fish out of water.

I stack a couple slices in my hand and stand up to make my way around the island back to Caine.

“Caine honey, look at me” I say in the sweetest voice I can muster without laughing.

He slowly raises his head to look at me.

Swiftly I pick up a slice of soggy toast and slap him across the face with it. I took the rest of the stack and threw it on him. He had two pieces of toast right over his pecks, a corner of one slice on his crotch and a small piece stuck to his forehead. The rest was on the floor in the puddles of water.

“Caine I’m gonna pee myself!” I all but squeal. My sides are burning, my stomach is killing me and I’m sure my sore burning cheeks are red.

Caine’s laughter breaks me from my thoughts as he is looking at his reflection in the microwave. The toast that was on his forehead slides down and is now covering his right eye.

Caine straightens up and looks at me, his eyes staring into mine. I just want to swim in his eyes; they are just filled with so much warmth. His eyes shine so bright they are almost illuminating gold. He reaches out and pulls me into him.

“Jane I talked to your dad before” his words come out muffled as he plants a kiss on top of my wet hair, sending shivers down my spine. He pulls me in closer to his warm and comforting body.

“And what did you tell him? That you kidnapped his only daughter?” I giggle in response.

“Uh yeah... Kinda ... I told him you were with me and you would be staying with me for a while.” He smirks at the end of his sentence.

“A while?” I look up at him puzzled.

“Yeah for a while Hun, don’t ask too many questions you aren’t ready to hear the answers yet,” he replies muffled again.