chapter 17

Jane's P.O.V

2 months have gone by in a flash. ive settled In nicely. I met some of the pack and tonight is my Welcoming Ceremony into the pack. I will officially not only be a pack member, but the Luna as well. Caine wanted to wait for things to settle down since I was new to everything. i've been adjusting quite well if I do say so myself. i'm still really bad with names, but i'm working on it.

On the upside of things no one looks at me like a freak, but they do tread tenderly around me, after all they have seen my temper. things are quite around here but lately i've had this off feeling about things. I wouldn't call it a bad feeling, it just sits in my chest like I know something is going happen. I can't exactly put my finger on it. 

Caine slowly started bringing me around the pack house a little more everyday showing me the different rooms and things in the house. I found out there was a game room down stairs and it took me a nearly a month to find out about it. after i foud out about it no one could get me out of there! they had all the old gaming systems! nintendo 64, atari, playstation, all of them, and all of the xboxes. not to menton the greatest games, from GTA to COD. finally once i realized they weren'tgoing anywhere, more importantly that i wasnt going anywhere i stopped visiting my favorite room. 

Since ive been settled in Caines been off doing a lot of the work he's missed so he could spend time with me. but we've been making up for lost time by staying at the lake house for a night or two during the week. the leaves are just starting to change and it is really pretty to watch from the living room as the sun sets down behind the yellow leaves. it fills the whole room with pretty shadows and splashes of color as the sky changes from blue to pink before the sun is gone completely.

currently im spending time alone at the lake house. i've been spending a lot of time with the female pack members and ive picked up a few cooking skills. i've helped cook and clean the past couple weeks the house was never really dirty though. Which was surprisng because most of the pack was young. no one much older then 35 lived here. their were few little ones around. only about 15 i would say. at least those are the ones that live at the pack house. i found out that families of the pack like the elders and families with new borns  all live off in a litte town in our territory . its more private and quite for them. the pack has more then 600 members so i can only imagine the faces and names i have yet to meet.

i met one girl her name is penelope. shes a tall avergage looking girl she has a nerdy thing about her, but it fits her well. her mate's name is matthew and he's tall and has this boysh charm about him. they are both young but they have a little boy. his name is oliver and he is just over a year old. he's the cutest litte boy ever! penelope is 17 and matt is 19. when i found out how young they both were i thought they were crazy. but then someone explained to me how fast werewolves relationships move compared to humans.

werewolf fun fact: we can live up to 600 years old. who knew!

so many new things to learn and experience it gets over whelming no doubt, but its why Caine and I have our own little place. to take our time with things go by our own rules and just enjoy the next 600 or so years give or take a few.

currently im in my kitchen preparing myself a nice warm grilled cheese and some homemade tomato soup. Skylar is probably the best cook in the whole pack, and her desserts are kick ass. my favorites are her triple chocolate chocolate chip cookies. chocolate cookies with fudge and chocolate chunks drizzled with chocolate sauce over the top. biting into one of her cookies is like biting into a slice of heaven.   

but before i drool over dessert i should finnish cooking my lunch. i slide the grilled cheese off the hot pan onto my plate and begin scooping some yummy soup into my new black square "bowls" i dont consider it a bowl because i feel like they should be round. Caine gave me the pack credit card and let me go on a shopping trip to liven up this place i bought paints, paintings, dressers and shelves to put in the rooms to make them less empty, rugs, curtains, silverwear, dishes, vases ,flowers, small things to make it feel like home.